There are so many reasons to love the simple 5 Ingredient Recipes. Here are a few tips, ideas, and pointers you can do today to make your five ingredients recipe more enjoyable and delicious.
1. In general, 5 Ingredient Recipes are less intimidating for beginning-level home cooks to try. In addition, they usually cost less to prepare than more elaborate dishes and they do not require lots of expensive, special equipment. As an added bonus, they are usually quick and easy to get on the table.
2. Simple recipes don’t have to be bland or boring. To get the most impact from a few, simple ingredients, choose items that can perform double duty. For example, both the juice and zest of organic lemons, limes, oranges, and grapefruits can be incorporated into many dishes for added depth and flavor. In addition, if a recipe calls for Kalamata olives or capers, use the brine to impart even more flavor.
3. Enhance flavor in basic recipes by taking an extra step or two during the cooking or baking process. For example, try toasting quinoa in a dry pan before cooking to add another level of subtle flavor to the finished dish. Toasting also enhances the flavor of pine nuts, pecans, almonds, and walnuts in many recipes.
4. When preparing Cloud Eggs, it is much easier to add the yolks to the baked egg white “clouds” if you place them in individual containers after separating them from the whites. (If you place them all into a single bowl, they are much more difficult to transfer to the individual “clouds” without breaking).
5. Another tip when making Cloud Eggs: If you don’t want to dirty several bowls or containers, use the larger half of the broken egg shell to hold the yolks while the egg white “clouds” are baking. Place them back in the egg carton or next to each other in a small bowl to prevent the yolk from spilling out, then simply pour them into the individual “clouds” before returning to the oven.
6. A final Cloud Eggs tip: Make sure the indent you create in your egg “clouds” before baking is deep enough. Otherwise, it may disappear during baking and there won’t be anywhere to place the yolks.
7. If you don’t have a potato masher to make Hot Crash Potatoes, a number of other kitchen items will do the trick. For example, the bottom edge of a sturdy soup crock or substantial coffee mug will also work. Just make sure the item you choose is tough enough to withstand a little pressure without breaking.
8. Real vanilla extract will affect the color and presentation of many recipes. To prevent this, use Clear Vanilla Extract instead. However, be sure to read package labels carefully as many clear varieties contain imitation flavorings, rather than the real thing.
9. Members of the allium family, such as garlic, onions, chives, and leeks, are prized in many kitchens for their wonderful, savory flavor. However, these items are quite toxic for our four-legged friends, so be careful sharing your tasty creations with the dogs and cats that inhabit your world.
10. Many of the 5 ingredient recipes we share below can be expanded to create even more recipes. For example, the Mediterranean-Inspired Quinoa salad can be converted into a Quinoa Tabbouleh with the addition of some tomatoes, crunchy cucumbers, and fresh mint. Use your imagination to see what fresh ideas you can come up with!
Check Out Our Other 5 Ingredient Recipes:
Did you like “5 Ingredient Recipes (TOP 10 TIPS)”? We would greatly appreciate if you share this on Facebook and Tweet it.