Whenever I am dining out with my friends, we would normally start our meal with the mixed salad as we called it which composed (among others) of my three favorite appetizers, hummus, mutabbal and of course the Baba Ganoush.
What Is Baba Ganoush?
Baba Ganoush is a popular eggplant dip in the Middle East and other Mediterranean countries and is often served as an appetizer or starter which is eaten as a dip with khubz or pita bread. It is rich in fiber, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals.
How Healthy Is Baba Ganoush?
Baba Ganoush is appropriate for people with heart disease as it is cholesterol and saturated fat-free and is also appropriate for people with diabetes. It is a healthy dish for children, pregnant and lactating women and seniors. Baba Ganoush is rich in nutrients that reduce the risk of heart disease and cancer.
How To Prepare Baba Ganoush?
- 1200 grams Eggplant, or 4 large whole eggplants
- 6 tbsp Lemon juice
- 3 cloves Garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 3 tbsp Parsley, chopped
- Preheat an oven to 400 °F or grill (recommended). Puncture each side of the eggplant with a fork or slice them in half. Roast the eggplant for 45 minutes (turning them 2to 3 times) or until the skin is blackened and the pulp is soft.
- Allow the eggplant to cool slightly and then scoop out the pulp with a spoon. Discard the skin. Place the pulp in a mixing bowl and mash it with a fork or blender.
- Add the crushed garlic and lemon juice and mix gently with a spoon until the eggplant becomes smooth and creamy.
- Place into a serving dish. Garnish the Baba Ganoush with chopped parsley and serve with lemon slices.
- Serve with olive oil, whole wheat bread, tomatoes, lettuce, cucumber, low-fat labnah or low-fat or non-fat yogurt or laban for a more balanced and nutritious treat.
Did you like “Easy Baba Ganoush Recipe And Ingredients”? We would greatly appreciate if you share this on your favorite social media.
Will you try this recipe? Share photos of your finish dish or your own version of it in the comment section below.