These quick and easy Instant Pot baby back ribs are really tender and delicious. The cinnamon and rosemary in the dry rub complement the flavors in this savory Dark Cherry BBQ Sauce, but the flavors pair well with just about any barbeque sauce you prefer.
Tip: Place the ribs under a hot broiler after cooking in the Instant Pot for a mouth-watering, caramelized crust.
Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs Recipe
Dry Rub Ingredients:
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Dried rosemary
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp Smoked paprika
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 1/2 - 3 lbs Baby back ribs
- 1 cup Baby back ribs
- Dark Cherry BBQ Sauce* (or BBQ sauce of choice)
- Combine ingredients for the dry rub in a small bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Carefully remove membrane from back of baby back ribs with a sharp knife, if necessary. Cut the ribs into 3 or 4 equal-sized parts and work the dry rub into each section on both sides. Set aside.
- Add beef broth or water to Instant Pot and insert the metal rack. Place the seasoned ribs on their sides on top of the insert. (Do not stack them flat on top of each other).
- Lock the Instant Pot lid into place and flip the pressure valve to “Sealing.” Set the “Manual” setting to high for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, line a large, rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Once cooking time is complete, do a quick release (QR) by flipping the sealing valve to the “Venting” position. Unlock and remove the Instant Pot lid and carefully transfer ribs to prepared baking sheet. Brush ribs with a generous amount of BBQ sauce on each side.
- Pre-heat broiler to high and broil the ribs for 3-5 minutes or until nicely browned. Remove from oven and cool slightly before cutting into individual portions. Serve immediately with extra BBQ sauce (see bbq sauce recipe in notes below) for dipping.
Did you like “Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs Recipe (WITH DARK CHERRY BBQ SAUCE)”? We would greatly appreciate if you share this on your favorite social media.
Will you try this recipe? Share photos of your finish dish or your own version of it in the comment section below.