Tip: For maximum flavor, sauté the red onion and toast the brown rice in the skillet first. When finished browning the chicken, deglaze the pan with some of the chicken broth to scrape up any brown bits left on the bottom of skillet. When finished, transfer the liquid from the skillet to the casserole dish with the rest of the chicken broth.
Baked Chicken And Rice Casserole
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 4-oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 Medium red onion, diced
- 1 cup Long-grain brown rice, rinsed and drained
- 3 cup Chicken broth, preferably organic
Optional: Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add chicken breasts and season with salt and black pepper, if desired. Cook until golden brown, approximately 3-4 minutes per side.
- Add onion and rice to the prepared baking dish. Season with salt and black pepper, if desired, and stir to combine. Pour the chicken broth over the rice and arrange the seared breasts on top of the rice mixture.
- Tightly cover with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 15-20 minutes or until the rice is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes before fluffing the rice with a fork. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Did you like “Baked Chicken And Rice Casserole”? We would greatly appreciate if you share this on Facebook and Tweet it.
Will you try this recipe? Share photos of your finish dish or your own version of it in the comment section below.