These tasty Whole30-compliant chicken drumsticks get a touch of sweetness from the coconut aminos in the marinade.
Balsamic Glazed Chicken Drumsticks
- 2 lbs Chicken drumsticks
- 1/2 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp Olive oil, extra virgin
- 3 tbsp Coconut aminos
- 1/2 cup Organic chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp Crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cloves Fresh garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 Green onions, sliced
- Pat chicken drumsticks dry with a paper towel and place in a large, sealable plastic bag. Set aside.
- In a medium glass or other nonreactive bowls, whisk the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, coconut aminos, chicken stock, red pepper flakes, and minced garlic together. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Pour one half of the balsamic marinade over chicken and seal bag tightly. Turn bag over until chicken is coated. Place bag in the refrigerator for a minimum of 30 minutes to overnight. Reserve remaining marinade to use later.
- When ready to prepare, preheat oven to 400° and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove drumsticks from other non-reactive bowls plastic bag and arrange on the lined baking sheet in a single layer without overcrowding. Discard remaining marinade inside bag.
- Place baking sheet in preheated oven for 30 minutes, then remove chicken from oven and turn each drumstick. After other non-reactive bowls, brush the tops of each drumstick with remaining marinade and return to oven. Bake for another 20-25 minutes or until the chicken the and the outside has caramelized.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes. Transfer drumsticks to a serving dish and sprinkle with sliced green onions before serving.
Check balsamic vinegar to use for some of the recommended brands.
Did you like “Balsamic Glazed Chicken Drumsticks Recipe”? We would greatly appreciate if you share this on your favorite social media.
Will you try this recipe? Share photos of your finish dish or your own version of it in the comment section below.