What Is Beef Caldereta?
Beef caldereta is a Spanish-influenced Filipino spicy tomato based beef stew that is commonly served whenever there is a special occasion like parties and holidays and is an integral part of Filipino cuisines.
Traditionally, goat meat is used for the caldereta recipe this but beef, pork or chicken may be used too.
The ingredients for beef caldereta recipe with cheese are;
- Cooking oil
- Tomato Sauce
- Liver Spread
- Grated Cheese
- Bay leaves
- Ground black pepper and salt
- Bird’s eye chili (siling labuyo)
- Green and red bell pepper
Here’s How To Cook Beef Caldereta With Cheese
1. Put the beef into a pot of water and add a pinch of salt. In medium heat, bring to boil. Remove the scum floating from the broth.
2. Lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Then set aside the beef and the broth.
3. In a big enough pan, heat the oil. Then sauté the onions and garlic until fragrant. Add the beef (not including the broth) and stir for 3-4 minutes.
4. Add the beef broth and tomato sauce. In medium heat, simmer until meat is tender.
5. Add the liver spread, potatoes, carrots bay leaves, grated cheese, salt, and pepper. Simmer until carrots and potatoes are tender.
6. Add Bird’s eyes chili and bell peppers. Simmer on low heat until the sauce become thick.
Did you like “How To Cook Beef Caldereta With Cheese?”? We would greatly appreciate if you share this on your favorite social media.
Will you try this recipe? Share photos of your finish dish or your own version of it in the comment section below.