Note: Raw or roasted beets can be used in this recipe. However, roasted beets will yield a smoother texture. To save time on busy mornings, wash and wrap the beets in aluminum foil and toss into a hot oven for approximately 1 hour while making dinner throughout the week. Store roasted beets in the refrigerator for several days until ready to use.
Refreshing Berry Smoothie
- 2 Large bananas, cut into chunks and frozen
- 1 cup Frozen strawberries
- 1 cup Frozen raspberries
- 2 Large red beets, roasted, peeled, and chopped
- 2 cup Almond milk, unsweetened**
- 6-8 Large ice cubes
- 1 tbsp Chia seeds***
Optional: 4 sprigs fresh mint, for garnish
**Can substitute water for brighter red color and fewer calories
***Pictured: Nutriva Superseed Blend with Coconut (available on Amazon)
- Add the frozen bananas, berries, beets, almond milk, and ice cubes to a high-speed blender. Cover and blend on the highest setting until completely smooth and creamy, approximately 2 minutes. If necessary, add a little water to reach the desired consistency if the mixture is too thick.
- Divide between 4 glasses or mason jars and top each serving with some chia seeds. Garnish each glass or jar with a sprig of fresh mint, if using, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Did you like “Refreshing Berry Smoothie Recipe”? We would greatly appreciate if you share this on your favorite social media channel.
Will you try this recipe? Share photos of your finish dish or your own version of it in the comment section below.
Last update on 2019-05-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API