If you are in a hurry and just want to find out what the best ashwagandha supplement is, then I’d recommend the Physician’s Choice as the best one.
One name that has in recent times been heard of is Ashwagandha. Studies have linked it to a host of benefits including brain-boosting and stress-reducing effects.
While the name may be unfamiliar it is not as new as you might think. It has a long history in ancient and ayurvedic medicine and has been used for over 3000 years for its health benefits and medicinal properties.
In this article, we will take a close look at this new supplement yet ancient remedy. We will dig deep into the benefits and side effects and find the best ashwagandha brand supplements available in the market.
Top 5 Best Ashwagandha Brand
What Is Ashwagandha?
Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) is a small bushy plant. Its berries, leaves, and roots can be used in a variety of beneficial treatments. It is also known as; Indian ginseng, poison gooseberry or winter cherry. It grows in the dry climates of India, northern Africa, and the Middle East.
Its recent popularity comes from its use as a supplement to provide a wide range of benefits. It is known to be an adaptogen, which supports the body to adapt to different stresses. Most of the supplements available are made from the root because it provides the best results.
A Brief History About Ashwagandha
Ashwagandha is among the most revered and beneficial medicinal herbs. At least according to ancient Indian practice. It was first used as part of the medicinal practice of Ayurveda. It has many functions including to relieve stress, improve concentration, and increase strength.
The Ayurveda practices were used in India 3,000 years ago for healing and medication. Ashwagandha became a huge component of this practice because of it’s proven results for a host of different ailments. It’s still used today for many of them from anxiety to memory improvement. The magic in this plant comes from its classification as an adaptogen.
Adaptogenic herbs help the body to (yes) adapt to stress. Especially in the case of anxiety, herbs like ashwagandha will have a normalizing effect to provide some relief.
Ashwagandha, also sometimes known as Indian ginseng or winter cherry, can fit into about any health routine with added benefits. Depending on what you plan to use it for will determine how much you’ll need to take and which product is the best to buy.
Health Benefits of Ashwagandha
There are many good reasons to take Ashwagandha supplement. Here’s an expansive list of health benefits of Ashwagandha.
1. Reduce Stress and Anxiety
Not only Ashwagandha helps in reducing stress and anxiety, it does so with the same effectiveness of prescription drugs but without the dreaded side-effects.
2. Improve Thyroid Health
Millions of people suffer from thyroid issues. Some exhibit overactive thyroid while others struggle with the ability of the thyroid to produce hormones. Ashwagandha helps to balance the functions of the thyroid.
3. Helps Depression
The hormone balancing traits of Ashwagandha is equally effective for improving depression, an equally if not more destructive form of mental disorder than anxiety.
4. Helps Prevent Diabetes
There are studies that point to the effectiveness of Ashwagandha in reducing diabetes. One such study provides evidence of Ashwagandha reducing blood glucose by 12%.
5. Fights Cancer Cells
Studies have shown positive indications that Ashwagandha could prevent cancer cells from growing. It also helps in boosting the immune system of cancer patients naturally by increasing the white blood cells in the body.
6. Builds Muscle Strength
Ashwagandha is also a great supplement when you’re trying to develop muscle strength with gym training. Studies have shown that subjects who take Ashwagandha supplement show a positive difference in the development of their muscles.
7. Increases Sexual Function
For centuries, Ashwagandha is known for its vigorous effect. This has been backed by studies where taking Ashwagandha supplement leads to healthier sexual function and increased levels of associated hormones for both men and women.
8. Builds Endurance
Lack of stamina is a prevalent issue if you’re not getting enough physical workout, or have unhealthy diet habits. Ashwagandha can help the body to increase stamina which will be felt during laborious physical activities.
How To Take Ashwagandha?
Ashwagandha has been proven to be effective in promoting better sleep and reducing stress. But, you’ll need to adhere to the recommended dosage by the respective suppliers.
Ashwagandha supplements are available in powder, extract or capsules form. The recommended dosage for Ashwagandha root extract is 450 – 500 mg capsules daily. There are various ways to take Ashwagandha, depending on the physical form of the supplement.
You can mix Ashwagandha powder with boiled water to make a cup of tea. Or you can add drops of Ashwagandha extract to milk or honey for daily consumption.
How To Choose The Right Ashwagandha Supplement Brand
Choosing the right Ashwagandha is more than picking the lowest-priced products. Or one with the most serving size. There are a few elements that make a great ashwagandha supplement.
- Active Ingredient: The health benefits of Ashwagandha are delivered by withanolides.
- Increased Absorption: Some Ashwagandha has a small concentration of black pepper that helps the absorption of Ashwagandha by the body.
- No Additives: It’s important to choose the Ashwagandha supplement that has no additives or filler included during the manufacturing process.
- Organic: Ensure that the Ashwagandha is free from any harmful pesticides and pollutants with organic agriculture practice.
- Physical Forms: Ashwagandha supplements are usually available in capsules, extracts, and powder. Choose according to your preference.
Precautions And Risk Factors Of Ashwagandha
Taking Ashwagandha within the recommended daily limits is generally safe like already stated, with no major side effects on a short-term basis. But, you’ll want to void taking Ashwagandha if you’re experiencing one or more of the following conditions.
1. Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
Avoid taking Ashwagandha when you’re pregnant as there is a risk of suffering miscarriages. It’s also prudent to avoid the supplement when you’re breastfeeding.
2. Low Blood Sugar Level
Do not take Ashwagandha if you’re already having a low blood sugar level, as the extract could further decrease it.
3. Gastrointestinal Issues
Ashwagandha may cause irritation to the gastrointestinal tract.
Stop consuming Ashwagandha at least 2 weeks before a surgery, as it may interfere with anesthesia or medication during the course of surgery.
If you’re already taking medicine for thyroid issues, you shouldn’t take Ashwagandha as it may have an adverse effect on your condition.
6. Auto-Immuno Diseases
Taking Ashwagandha can increase the activity of your immune system and may worsen diseases like multiple sclerosis, lupus.
It is not advisable for young children, especially those below 12, to consume Ashwagandha supplements of all form.
If you’re doubtful whether Ashwagandha is safe for you, always consult a certified doctor.
Best Ashwagandha Supplements Reviews
- ORGANIC ASHWAGANDHA: With so many subpar products on the current market, we saw a need for high-quality supplements that actually work. Our Ashwagandha is made with 100% USDA certified organic ashwagandha root powder. No leaves, no stems, no fillers. Just pure ashwagandha root with black pepper extract, the way it's been used in India for over 2500 years.
- NATURAL STRESS RELIEF: Ashwagandha is a powerful adaptogen that provides a quick natural way to help fight and stress and negativity. Ashwagandha has also been shown to help with forgetfulness and alertness.
- MOOD + THYROID SUPPORT: 90 veggie ashwagandha capsules with black pepper for increased absorption. Ashwagandha works to naturally reduce stress and boost thyroid function to improve mood. Ashwagandha, also known as withania somnifera, helps the body adapt to and handle mental, physical and emotional stress while also improving mood.
- RESTORES ENERGY AND VITALITY: Ashwagandha helps stabilize mood swings and boosts adrenal health. Ashwagandha reduces feelings of stress, irritability, and negativity.
- SAFETY ASSURED STANDARD OF QUALITY: Our ashwagandha is 3rd-party tested for purity and manufactured in the USA using imported and domestic ingredients in an FDA & cGMP-certified registered facility. We source our ashwagandha directly from its origin in India.
One brand of Ashwagandha products supplier that is committed to providing high-quality supplements using only the purest ingredients is the Physician’s Choice.
The company practices strict manufacturing and quality control to ensure that all the products are not only safe but delivering the expected benefits to customers. This Ashwagandha supplement is especially engineered to provide you with a functional remedy for stress relief.
Its formula is created by a team of highly experienced physicians, using only scientifically proven ingredients. The highly potent Ashwagandha substance will help you to regulate stress hormones and calms down your anxious mind.
You can be assured that the capsules are tested to be vegan safe with no fillers and additives being used in the manufacturing process. Physician’s Choice uses only organic high-quality Ashwagandha plant to produce the powder-filled capsules.
They are enhanced by black pepper for increased absorbability. It helps to support your adrenal functions when you incorporate it as your long-term supplement.
|Its ingredients are Non-GMO||Some may not feel any positive effects|
|It helps with stress relief|
|It reduces stress effectively|
|It is produced by GMP certified facility|
|It contains no fillers and additives|
- 1300mg - HIGHEST POTENCY FOR BEST ANTI-STRESS & ANTI-ANXIETY SUPPORT: Made with 100% organic ashwagandha root powder and organic black pepper extract for increased absorption, our pure ashwagandha capsules offers the most potent formula in the market (1300mg per serving) to deliver superior anti-stress, anti-anxiety and adrenal support*
- MADE WITH CERTIFIED ORGANIC ASHWAGANDHA ROOT POWDER: In order to ensure an ashwagandha supplement is truly organic, it must be certified by an accredited certifying agent. Made with organic ashwagandha extract, our natural ashwagandha supplement is certified organic by UDAF*
- SUPERIOR IMMUNE BOOST, HORMONAL BALANCE & MOOD SUPPORT: Because our ashwagandha powder is sourced from organic ashwagandha root, it delivers the optimum concentration of withanolides to stimulate adaptogenic activity and optimize adrenal health, stress relief and thyroid support. More potent than other ashwagandha supplements, ashwagandha oil and ashwagandha tincture, it combats adrenal fatigue and serves as a natural mood enhancer supplement*
- NO FILLERS - NO BINDERS - NO ALLERGENS - NO HEAVY METALS: Our ashwagandha root capsules are FREE of fillers, binders, nuts, eggs, shellfish and other common allergens. In addition, testing is performed after every critical stage of production to ensure our products are FREE of adulterants, solvent residues, aflatoxins, microbiological pathogens and heavy metals such as mercury*
- 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: At NutriRise, we care about your experience. In fact we are so confident that you will love our Premium Ashwagandha that we back it with a 90-day money back guarantee. Our Ashwagandha Supplement is proudly encapsulated in a FDA-Registered facility in the USA according to stringent GMP regulations. Each and every batch is independently and third-party tested for premium purity and potency*
One of the simplest options out there is NutriRise’s Ashwagandha. It contains nothing but organic ashwagandha, organic black pepper, and the capsule, which is made from vegan-friendly cellulose.
It’s also one of the few products that are third-party tested so you can be confident it doesn’t contain any heavy metals. Its capsules feature 1300mg of organic ashwagandha root powder per serving.
Its powerful antioxidant properties help to reduce stress, anxiety and cortisol levels. It also improves thyroid function, combats adrenal fatigue, enhance mood and sleep and balance blood sugar levels to mention a few.
To prove that it is organic ashwagandha extract, this natural ashwagandha supplement is certified organic by UDAF. So you can be sure it delivers the optimum concentration of withanolides to stimulate adaptogenic activity and optimize adrenal health, stress relief and thyroid support.
They are free of fillers, binders, nuts, eggs, shellfish, and other common allergens. They are 100% organic ashwagandha root powder and organic black pepper extract makes for increased absorption. This is one pure ashwagandha capsules that offer the most potent formula in the market to deliver superior anti-stress, anti-anxiety and adrenal support.
|Its ingredients are organically sourced||Non-disclose of withanolide amount|
|It is third-party tested to ensure it’s free from heavy metals and allergens|
|It is certified organic by UDAF|
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: Feel results or your money back, no questions asked!
- SUPERIOR POTENCY 2100 MG: our organic ashwagandha root delivers 2100 mg per serving with 100 vegan capsules making it the most potent formula available on the market. We also added black pepper extract to enhance absorption while still being gentle on your stomach.
- ORGANIC ASHWAGANDHA: Made with 100% pure organic ashwagandha powder (root), ashwagandha root extract and black pepper extract to maximize absorption. Alllergen warning: black pepper
- SUPERIOR QUALITY: We take pride in providing you 100% pure organic ashwagandha which does NOT CONTAIN fillers, magnesium stearate, dioxides, preservatives, gluten, soy, sugar, yeast, starch, non-gmo
- Manufactured in a FDA registered facility in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
One product that is committed to quality assurance, accountability and complete transparency of its products and upholding and exceeding the standards of the FDA is the NaturalLife lab’s organic ashwagandha root powder and extract.
It has boasted almost double the highest serving size of other ashwagandha supplements. They have practically gone above and beyond with their supplement option. It is 100% pure and organic with organic black pepper extract to enhance absorption while being easy in your stomach.
It helps you to cope with your daily stress. It also delivers 1300 mg per two vegan capsules with 100 vegan capsules, making it the most potent and highest mg count available in the market. This product contains an enhanced ingredient that combined provide benefits such as supporting a healthy nervous system, promote stress reduction, supports the immune system and promote relaxation.
Though there is no current FDA regulation among the ashwagandha supplement industry, NaturalLife is manufactured in an FDA approved facility. Aimed to follow the practices and regulations available via good manufacturing processes (GMP), there is an added amount of trust built into this brand.
As with many other ashwagandha options, consumers can rest easy knowing that their supplement is gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free and contains no GMO ingredients.
|Its Vegan capsules contain no gelatin||Some users complain about side effects like headache|
|It is tested for purity and potency|
|It has one of the largest amounts of ashwagandha per serving|
|It is manufactured in an FDA approved facility|
- PREMIUM STRESS FIGHTER - Our natural Ashwagandha helps your body adapt to and manage stress.* Known for its ability to calm and balance “edgy” nerves, ashwagandha is the perfect natural solution for anyone who can feel overwhelmed, tired and easily irritated. Our formula contains NO preservatives, chemicals, or sugars you can trust!
- BOOST TO ENERGY AND YOUR IMMUNITY – No stimulants, no drowsiness! Ashwagandha is a caffeine-free herb, also known to help promote energy levels and help the body to ward off fatigue. Strengthening from within, ashwagandha will also promote immune health.* Studies have shown Ashwagandha to gently help support the body’s natural immune defenses and sleep cycle, which will help you feel and be your best.*
- ARTICHOKE EXTRACT FOR BETTER ABSORPTION - ARTICHOKE extract is a concentrated form of Artichoke and acts as a digestive aid and helps promote absorption.*
- POSITIVE MOOD SUPPORT - Studies have shown taking Ashwagandha daily promotes a positive outlook. It’s latin name, somnifera, means “sleep inducer”, which is related to its extensive traditional use to help manage stress and occasional sleeplessness.* Great for social settings, travel or at home! Common misspellings include Ashwagandha, ashvagandha, aswaganda.
Havasu Nutrition is known to have high standards when it comes to wellness products. It aims to deliver improvement to the well-being of people by choosing the finest ingredients from nature. Each batch of its production undergoes strict testing to ensure they are pure and free from any form of pollutants.
If you’re feeling edgy, taking the premium Ashwagandha by Havasu Nutrition can help your body to adapt to the stressors. This is what the adaptogenic characteristics of Ashwagandha are all about. There are no stimulants used in the supplements and you won’t feel drowsy after taking the capsules.
If you’re struggling with sleep, you’ll find your sleep cycles improve after taking Ashwagandha. It also helps to boost your immune system as your body drifts into a deep sleep cycle. The capsules also contain the artichoke extract that helps the digestive system to absorb the Ashwagandha essence optimally.
Made from natural Ashwagandha plant, you’re bound to feel revitalized after taking these capsules on a daily basis.
|It helps with sleep disorders||It does not work for some buyers|
|It boosts energy level|
|It is manufactured in GMP compliant facility|
- NATURAL STRESS RELIEF - Powerful adaptogen formula provides a quick natural way to relieve anxiety and insomnia
- THYROID AND HORMONE BALANCE - Improve thyroid function and support reproductive health for men and women
- REGENERATES ENERGY AND VITALITY - This rejuvenative tonic stabilizes blood sugar and boosts adrenal health
- DECREASES INFLAMMATION - Powerful antioxidant properties soothe back pain and joint ache
- CERTIFIED ORGANIC - Synthesized from USDA-certified organic herbs and cultivated on organic farmland
Organic India aims to be a global leader in supplying organic supplementary products to promote healthy conscious living and Ashwagandha is not an exception. It does so by applying a business model that creates immense values to customer’s wellness while ensuring the environment is well-preserved.
When you’re stressed out, your cortisol level will be higher than normal. Taking these Ashwagandha capsules helps to lower the cortisol hormone level and thus, reducing your stress. This is what Ayurvedic practitioners have been doing for many centuries.
Besides mental health, consuming this Ashwagandha supplements also improve your adrenal health. You’ll find it a rejuvenating experience when taking the capsules on a daily basis. Its powerful antioxidant helps to reduce joint pains and inflammation. The
Ashwagandha plants used in making these capsules are organically harvested. They are sourced from the thousands of small farmers in India that practices sustainable agriculture. There are no additives and harmful chemicals used in the manufacturing process. This pill is vegan and gluten-free.
Even though you may have to take more capsules to get the desired effect, you’ll be getting a full dosage of pure ashwagandha root and less filler that other brands often include in their capsules. Also unlike other brands, it uses whole ground ashwagandha root rather than standardized extraction, which could be a mixture of the root, leaves, or just ground leaves.
|It is made from whole ashwagandha root||It potency per pill is pretty less|
|It is gluten-free||Some users may suffer side effects|
|It helps in lowering cortisol hormone|
|It rejuvenates fatigues|
Final Words On Best Ashwagandha Brand
I’m confident you now know almost everything there is to know about this wonderful herb from India. And the best ashwagandha brands currently on the market. Now you know exactly what to look for when choosing the best ashwagandha supplement for this herb.
There’s no doubt that Ashwagandha deserves a place on your supplement routine. But, it should not replace a balanced diet, but it brings benefits of its own. From the above-listed products, my top pick of Ashwagandha brand goes to Physician’s Choice.
They have pure ingredients, and I appreciated the black pepper extract to help with absorption. They have a dedication to not only their products but also their customers. They contain the purest ingredients with no fillers or additives. They are excellent value for money and easy to get hold of.
Did you like “What Is The Best Ashwagandha Brand?”? We would greatly appreciate if you share this on your favorite social media channel.
Last update on 2020-01-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API