If you are in a hurry and just want to find out what the Best Magnesium For Anxiety is, then I’d recommend the MAGNESIUM GLYCINATE CHELATE as the best one.
Anxiety can cause a person to do things they usually wouldn’t do in their right senses. Because it affects the mind, it’s after-effects would include, tardiness, unkemptness, tiredness and sometimes even emotional turmoil. It, thus, follows that anxiety causes some level of unproductivity. Yes, when a person is anxious, they tend to make some silly mistakes they usually would not do.
Anxiety is a significant problem for everyone, which manufacturers have thought it wise to find a solution. And one of the solutions offered is the magnesium supplement, which helps in fighting anxiety.
Top 5 Best Magnesium Supplement For Anxiety
- 1 Top 5 Best Magnesium Supplement For Anxiety
- 2 Is There A Correlation Between Anxiety And Magnesium Deficiency?
- 3 Health Benefit Of Magnesium For The Brain
- 4 What Dosage Of Magnesium Should One Consume?
- 5 What Other Things Does Magnesium Do?
- 6 How To Choose Magnesium Supplement For Anxiety?
- 7 Is Taking The Magnesium Safe?
- 8 Best Magnesium Supplement For Anxiety Reviews
- 9 Final Words On Best Supplements For Anxiety
Is There A Correlation Between Anxiety And Magnesium Deficiency?
Magnesium plays a vital role in the body, and the brain in particular. Studies showed that the intake of magnesium amongst most Americans is low. And this is contributed by the major consumption of refined flour, as opposed to grains. Unlike grain, refined flour is low in mineral content. Meanwhile, you can only find 16% of magnesium in unrefined grain, meaning that once refined, it loses most of its magnesium content.
So the question, if there is any correlation between magnesium deficiency and anxiety, will be answered when we consider some of the health benefits of magnesium on the brain.
Health Benefit Of Magnesium For The Brain
The immense benefit that magnesium has on the brain is that it plays a vital role in that, it creates an active pathway for the neurological cells. And also aids in effective communication between the brain and the body.
Here’s where the link between anxiety and magnesium; since the magnesium controls the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenocortical axis (or HPA axis for short), responsible for the body stress response system, you can, thus, safely assume that the deficiency in magnesium can cause some level of anxiety and stress in the body.
Many researchers do believe that magnesium supplements for anxiety would work well because, the deficiency in magnesium, increases the human’s response to fear, panic or anxiety. So, rather than limit magnesium deficiency to anxiety, you can also add fear, stress, and panic to the list. Magnesium also comes in handy in post-traumatic anxiety, as well as premenstrual anxiety.
It, thus, goes without saying that the proper intake of magnesium helps in the regulation of stress-related problems like anxiety and fear, and vice versa.
What Dosage Of Magnesium Should One Consume?
Many foods have magnesium as a natural component. And you would know foods with magnesium from how they look. Dark leafy greens, seeds, and nuts, whole grains, beans, and fish are some examples of magnesium filled meals which you eat every day.
Despite this amount of magnesium intake, it is still suggested that you take magnesium supplements to fight anxiety and other stress-related problems. It is more convenient, and it gives you a much faster result.
Manufacturers of the Magnesium supplements usually put the dosage on the labels, so if you look, you’ll see the dosage from the manufacturers. But for a recommended dosage, ladies should consume between 310-320mg daily. The gents would have to consume a daily dose of magnesium within the range of 400-420mg.
What Other Things Does Magnesium Do?
Other than aid in the relief of stress-related problems, magnesium also has some major benefits, and the body relies on functioning daily. Here are some of the daily functions that the magnesium aids or enhances;
1. It helps in synthesizing the protein in the body
2. It also supports the DNA and builds it too
3. It maintains the blood pressure of the body
4. It regulates the sugar level in the blood
5. It helps in the contracting and relaxing of the muscles when they need to.
When you want to get the supplement, you will be faced with a lot of options. Not only will there be different brands, but the doses will also differ. Plus there are different magnesium supplements for different things. So how do you choose the right kind supplement for your anxiety problem?
How To Choose Magnesium Supplement For Anxiety?
After you have made up your mind on what supplement you want, the next thing to do is a little homework. One thing you should note is that not all the magnesium has the same ratio of magnesium in it.
After you’ve figured out what you want to address in your body, the next thing to do is to then test the products that are meant for that purpose.
Since the magnesium contents are different, some products might not work perfectly. So you would have to do a bit of trial and error before you get the product that is perfect for you.
Some kinds of magnesium you’ll find on the shelves include;
1. Magnesium malate, which is for muscles soreness and energy building
2. Magnesium threonate, which works on the memory and the brain.
3. There is also the magnesium oxide, perfect for constipation
4. The magnesium citrate is ideal for relaxation
5. And the magnesium sulfate or the Epsom salt is also good for the relaxation of the muscle and also has detoxing properties.
These are a few magnesium solutions out there. And there are more. So if you want an optimal result, the better thing to do would be to get the supplement that addresses the problem in your body (and in this case, its anxiety).
Is Taking The Magnesium Safe?
When most persons hear of the word magnesium, they begin to think of some sophisticated element, that could be dangerous. But magnesium is an element, that should be consumed daily, and yes, it is safe.
The side effects of the intake of magnesium are so rare that they also do not occur during the tenancy of your subscription to the supplement. You should also not worry too much about taking so much magnesium, because your body can take out the excessive magnesium and other unwanted minerals in the body, without any hassle.
It is, however, imperative that you check with your doctors before you buy or take any magnesium supplements. Or before you even make any major dietary changes in your body.
There are some magnesium supplements that when taken have interactions with medications and other antibiotics that may cause its effectiveness to be reduced, which is why meeting your doctor would come in handy.
Best Magnesium Supplement For Anxiety Reviews
- MAXIMUM ABSORPTION WITH NEW LOOK | Nested Naturals uses buffered, chelated magnesium glycinate which is the most bioavailable form of the mineral. A more bioavailable form ensures there is no laxative effect.
- SOOTHE MODERATE MUSCLE CRAMPING | Moderate muscle cramps can be the result of an imbalance of calcium and potassium. Magnesium helps regulate these minerals to support the healthy function of your muscles.
- IMPROVES SLEEP QUALITY | Known as the "relaxation mineral", Magnesium plays an important role in soothing tension, both in the body and the mind. When you're relaxed, your body and brain can focus on attaining better quality sleep.
- SOCIALLY CONSCIOUS SUPPLEMENTS | Our Magnesium is is 100% vegan, non-GMO, gluten-free, soy-free and allergen-free. It is manufactured in our GMP & NSF Certified facility and Third-Party tested for quality assurance.
- LOVE MAGNESIUM, OR YOUR MONEY BACK | Hello, we’re Nested Naturals. We're confident you'll love us, but if you don't, you’re backed by our Lifetime Guarantee. Call or email us for a full refund. There's no hitch!
The elemental quantity of this magnesium supplement is, 150mg (for two capsules), and it has over 120 tablets in it. One of the exciting features of this supplement is that they are natural. As the individuals who made this supplement thought it wise to use only natural ingredients, for an optimal result.
One of its distinguishing factor from other supplements is that it is environmentally conscious, thus making it one popular brand in the world.
You may experience some laxative side effects (for some individuals) after taking the supplement. But the supplement’s formula is good and does well to solve the issue at hand. Another feature that you might like is the fact that the supplement is easily digestible and can be effectively absorbed by the body.
|It reduces anxiety as well as improves sound sleep||The dosage may be too low|
|It is made with natural products||It also has some laxative effect on some persons|
|It builds the muscles and supports nerves|
|It is also quite easy to digest|
- STRESS AND ANXIETY RELIEF: A superb, all natural anti-stress, anti-anxiety, delicious supplement powder that helps restores healthy magnesium levels.
- LEG CRAMP RELIEF & SLEEP AID: Promotes relaxation, encourages deep, restful sleep and may relieve muscle cramps (including leg cramps at night). Suitable for all age groups, including kids who may not eat enough fruits and vegetables.
- OVERALL HEALTH: Not just magnesium, but a complete magnesium supplement system (with boron, copper, manganese, potassium, zinc, silica, B12, K2, etc.). Magnesium is a crucial mineral required for healthy bones, cardiovascular health, healthy blood glucose levels, immunity, energy production and every aspect of cellular health. A superb electrolyte replacement system. Super bio-available.
- Magnesium deficiency may contribute to countless, otherwise unexplained health challenges. Nutritionists estimate that 80% of Americans are magnesium deficient. Stress, alcohol and soda consumption, heavy exercise, digestive disorders, cortisone and high dietary (or supplemental) calcium can cause magnesium deficiency.
- 100% GUARANTEE: Natural, NonGMO, Vegan, Gluten Free. Made in the United States in a cGMP facility. The world’s finest magnesium supplement, backed by 40 years of excellence.
One feature you might find interesting is its magnesium content for 1 level scoop. With as much as 1 scoop, it can cater to the daily needs of a woman, and 1½ scoop for the man. Its size is over 12.06oz, which means that it can last for a long while, making it price friendly.
This supplement helps in the improvement of the healthy lifestyle of the persons taking it. And it also incorporates the traditional medication of the eastern provinces with that of the western world. Making it not only reliable but suitable for all climes and regions.
This product supports various body functions and ensures the overall health of the body.
To take this supplement, you can add it to water and take it. Other than the magnesium in it, other nutrients present are; zinc, manganese, and vitamins, A, C, B6, D3, and B12.
|The ingredients are natural||Its taste may not be so good to some users|
|It has a tasty lemon flavor|
|It also reduces the anxiety and stress of its users|
|It is easily digestible|
- STRENGTHEN IMMUNITY, FEEL RELAXED & CALM, REDUCE STRESS & ANXIETY – Specifically designed to restore magnesium levels critical for energy production, immunity, a healthy nervous system and muscle function / relaxation. Pure Magnesium provides our bodies with what’s needed to feel relaxed, at ease and rejuvenated. So you can remain cool, calm & collected
- SLEEP EASY – This natural sleep aid is perfect for women, men, elderly, women during pregnancy & teenagers who may suffer from insomnia or other sleep disorders. Pure Magnesium optimizes Magnesium levels to help activate a neurotransmitter GABA, which is responsible for helping our brain & muscles relax and switch off for a better night sleep
- NO STOMACH UPSETS & EASY TO SWALLOW – This small, easy to swallow capsule contains Magnesium Bisglycinate, a very gentle form of Magnesium that breaks down in the small intestine. This greatly reduces the incidence of stomach upsets, nausea and diarrhoea
- PURE, NATURAL & TRUSTED - Pure Magnesium is the natural alternative. It contains no Magnesium Stearate, gluten, dairy, soy, preservatives, artificial colors / flavors & is non gmo - So you can reap the benefits without any of the Nasties! #1 Medical Doctor Certified & Practitioner Grade, USA Made, 3rd Party Tested. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee or your money back...completely risk free!
- FAST RELIEF FROM MUSCLE CRAMPS AND TENSION – Our Magnesium Chelate (Magnesium Glycinate) is clinically proven to be a Highly Absorbable and Tolerable form of Magnesium, ensuring faster acting results
The pure micronutrient magnesium supplement is another supplement that you might want to give a try. Two capsules contain as much as 200mg, and with as much as 180 tablets, you can take this supplement for a long while, (but you might have to take it both morning and evening for the desired result).
Its scientific formula is what gives it its edge amongst other supplements. This formula aids in the provision of healthy changes within its users. It is rather cost-effective for its quality, making it a suggestive product that you can try out.
You can and should consume this supplement with meals, for a more desired result. It is useful in helping you to relax, calm you down and reduces your anxiety level.
The capsules are easy to swallow, as they are small in size, and it dissolves gently in the stomach so the body can absorb the magnesium.
|It easily gets dissolved in the body||This product is not effective to some users|
|It works well on insomnia and anxiety patients|
|It is also easy to swallow|
|Its absorption rate is rather high|
- Specially developed to help support proper muscle function and cardiovascular health
- Formulated with magnesium chloride for better absorption than magnesium oxide
- Slow release enteric coated formula designed to help reduce the chance of stomach upset
- Contains added calcium to help support normal nerve and muscle function
- Magnesium helps support healthy response to stress
The SlowMag supplement is yet another supplement that you can try out for relieving anxiety, for building and supporting the muscles, and for heart regulation. It contains over 143mg for two capsules, thus should be taken daily.
One problem is that; it contains only 60 capsules per container. Thus, you might need to buy every month.
The capsules have an enteric coating; this prevents the magnesium chloride and the acid in the stomach from reacting, thereby reducing the chances of discomfort that the stomach might likely have.
Its formula allows it to be absorbed into the bloodstream at a high rate. Taking two daily will help to reduce magnesium deficiency in your body. You might experience some tingling sensation or some cramps when you take the supplement.
|It has an enteric coating, which helps in the prevention of stomach upset||It has some side effects|
|It has a high absorption rate into the bloodstream|
|It prevents anxieties and cramps|
- ✅ #1 HIGHEST QUALITY - “USP Grade”: you get one of the purest natural magnesium chloride available - Made in USA - Big size 12 oz topical transdermal spray.
- ✅ THE BEST WAY TO GET MAGNESIUM - you get 100% absorbable elemental magnesium delivered directly to cellular level through skin. Mined as a liquid in its ionic state, it requires no further processing by your body.
- ✅ MAGNESIUM OIL WORKS - it's considered to be one of the best natural remedies for sore muscles, leg cramps, headaches, migraines & various bodily aches. It also helps you relax in the evening, fall asleep easier, and sleep better throughout the night.
- ✅ IT WORKS OR YOUR MONEY BACK - Seven Minerals products work & they work extremely well - We guarantee you'll get results or you get 100% refund, no questions asked. BUY NOW WITH CONFIDENCE!
- ✅ IMPORTANT NOTICE - Officially, the system will not allow returns on this product. So the "usual" return process does not work. No worries! Contact Seven Minerals customer support and we'll take great care of you! Remember, IT WORKS OR YOUR MONEY BACK.
This supplement takes the form of an oil spray and comes in a 12oz container so that it can last longer. Eight sprays will provide as much as 215mg to the body.
One of the aims of this product is to produce a simple and safe product that is consumable through other means. Thus, this product is perfect for a wide range of customers and can be used by almost everybody.
For those not into the idea of swallowing tablets, this product is perfect as you can apply it to the skin, and the ionic substance in it allows the body to absorb the product without any problem.
|Its absorption rate is 100%||This product may not work well for some persons|
|It helps you to sleep and relax|
|It works well for those with migraines|
Final Words On Best Supplements For Anxiety
Magnesium is an important nutrient your body needs. It is so essential that a lack of it may result in the breakdown of the body. There are, however, several magnesium supplements for different body problems which means that you would have to get the one that fits address those problems.
With regards to anxiety, the clear winner from our recommendation is the MAGNESIUM GLYCINATE CHELATE for tension, stress relief, muscle cramps. This magnesium supplement is purely natural and easily absorbed by the body in comparison to other brands.
Did you like “What Is The Best Magnesium Supplement For Anxiety?”? We would greatly appreciate if you share this on your favorite social media channel.
Last update on 2020-07-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API