If you are in a hurry and just want to find out what the Best Magnesium Supplement For Sleep is, then I’d recommend the MAGNESIUM GLYCINATE CHELATE as the best one.
Sleep is one of the most rejuvenating tasks a person can do. Yes! Sleeping adequately is essential for a productive day the next day. Which is why it is vital that you get an adequate amount of sleep, so you have a rejuvenated mind the following day.
Although most persons would love to sleep adequately due to some reason or the other, for some, it could be that they have gotten used to staying up late, while for others, it would be a severe medical case. Whatever the case may be, magnesium helps well to inciting sleep.
Trust me; there is nothing worse than insomnia. That is why the magnesium supplement comes in handy for sleep.
- 1 Types Of Magnesium and Best Form Of Magnesium For Sleep
- 2 How To Take The Magnesium Supplement And How Much To Take?
- 3 Where Can I Find Natural Magnesium?
- 4 What Are The Other Benefits Of Magnesium?
- 5 Are There Warnings Against Taking Magnesium?
- 6 Best Magnesium For Sleep Reviews
- 7 Final Words On Which Magnesium Is Best For Sleep
Types Of Magnesium and Best Form Of Magnesium For Sleep
Magnesium supplements come in different forms, all performing different functions. For instance, there is a magnesium supplement for the muscles, and there is another for anxiety and stress, and there is also one for sleep. Thus, you might see something like this on the labels; citrate magnesium supplement, or the chelate and chloride magnesium supplement.
These magnesium supplement mentioned above are actually in bio form. Meaning they get absorbed by the body easily. Plus they are the best magnesium supplements that you can get for sleep.
You might want to steer clear of magnesium supplements with oxides and sulfates. They tend to irritate the stomach, plus diarrhea, which can be an unpleasant side effect.
Sometimes to prevent some of these unpleasant side effects, most people prefer to use the spray magnesium supplements instead of the capsule or tablets. Source
How To Take The Magnesium Supplement And How Much To Take?
If you want to take the magnesium supplement to induce sleep, then you should take the tablet, or the powder (dissolved in water), within half an hour, before you go to bed. Now, the dose will vary according to age and gender. But adults are generally meant to take within the ranges of 350mg to 500mg daily.
For pregnant women or breastfeeding mothers, it is advisable that the dose is lowered daily to a range of 300-350mg
Before you take health and dietary changes like this, it is pertinent that you talk to your doctor about what kind of supplement is best for you and how to go about taking it. This way you would be avoiding some major problems, especially if you’re taking other drugs or supplements.
You don’t want a reaction that could be detrimental, give you a nasty side effect, or even fatal in some cases. It is, thus, imperative that you check the amount to be taken daily, irrespective of the fact that the body can eliminate unwanted minerals in the body.
Where Can I Find Natural Magnesium?
Did you know that you eat magnesium daily; well for most of you that eat healthily? By healthy I mean, eating your vegetables, and other solid food. Here are some of your daily meals wherein you can find magnesium; kale, Swiss chard, avocado, spinach, collard green, beans, lentils, bananas, pumpkin seeds, quinoa, almond, brazil nuts, mackerel, tuna, sesame seeds, and dark chocolate.
These are some of the daily meals you consume that have a fair amount of magnesium in them. I added dark chocolate to the list, but not all the dark chocolates are consumable. So please always ensure to get one that has magnesium in it. When you take this meal, it would mean that you don’t have to take in a lot of supplements. All the supplements would act as would be added support for those with magnesium deficiency.
The reason why you need the supplement is that you may not be able to get all the wide variety of meals that have the various magnesium, so you would need the magnesium supplement to augment your supply of magnesium.
What Are The Other Benefits Of Magnesium?
Other than inducing the required amount of sleep you need for a productive day, magnesium also has other fantastic benefits, both mentally and physically.
One of the essential benefits of magnesium is that it helps in generating the energy the cell needs to function. And it also is necessary for the influencing of crucial neurotransmitters in the brain.
Magnesium is also good for the bones and teeth. They help to support and maintain a healthy bone and teeth, as well as support the function of the muscles.
Magnesium deficiency in the body can result in significant mental trouble like memory loss, and reduction in concentration level. It could also lead to anxiety, stress, and some other mood-related problems. It can also cause fatigue.
High-Level magnesium, however, enhances and promote an excellent immune system. It relieves the muscles from soreness and cramps. And it does well to strengthen the cardio system.
Magnesium also affects the digestive system. It helps in the alleviation of the constipation level, by relaxing the intestinal wall muscles, making the stool softer, for more natural elimination. In some rare cases even, magnesium has proven to help diabetic patients by maintaining and correcting their insulin levels.
Are There Warnings Against Taking Magnesium?
Magnesium is good to take, but there may be some drawbacks to taking this supplement. Thus, there are some things you should know when taking this supplement.
First of all, it is vital that you take the supplement according to the dosage given to you by your doctor. Or the dosage provided for you on the label of the supplement. Follow the guideline to the letter, and try not to overtake this supplement.
You should always consult a doctor or physician when taking these supplements with the following medications; antibiotics, muscle relaxants, water pills, and blood pressure medication.
Now, there are more medications you have to be mindful of and should consult your doctors about, but these few must be reported to your doctor.
Best Magnesium For Sleep Reviews
- LOVE OUR MAGNESIUM, OR YOUR MONEY BACK | Hello, we're Nested Naturals. Nice to meet you! We're a socially conscious company that believes in only using the best, most ethically produced ingredients available, 3rd party testing every batch and donating to charity to make the world a better place. We stand behind this pledge with our Lifetime Guarantee. If you're not happy with your purchase, simply call or email us.
- MAXIMUM ABSORPTION WITH NO LAXATIVE EFFECT | Magnesium is an essential mineral that the human body needs, but can be difficult to digest depending upon what it bonds to. Nested Naturals uses buffered, chelated magnesium glycinate which is the most bioavailable form of the mineral. The more bioavailable form you take, the less magnesium there is entering the colon, which would cause the laxative effect typical with other magnesium supplements.
- SOOTHE MODERATE MUSCLE CRAMPING & IMPROVES SLEEP | Moderate muscle cramps can be the result of an imbalance of calcium and potassium. The magnesium vitamin helps regulate these minerals to support the healthy function of your muscles. Known as the "relaxation mineral", magnesium also plays an important role in soothing tension, both in the body and the mind. When you're relaxed, your body and brain can focus on attaining better quality sleep.
- SUPPORTS 300+ BIOCHEMICAL REACTIONS IN THE BODY | Magnesium supports the chemical reactions that metabolize carbohydrates and fats. Healthy muscle and nerve function rely on adequate levels of magnesium. Magnesium supplement promotes normal blood pressure and heart rhythm. Calcium, vitamin D, copper and zinc are needed to maintain bone health. Magnesium also plays an important role in regulating these vitamins and minerals.
- SOCIALLY CONSCIOUS | We are big believers in sustainability and strive to make choices that are good for people and the planet. The 120 capsules inside the bottle are in vegan, plant-based capsules, NOT gelatin made from animal products. Our Magnesium supplement is 100% non-GMO and and allergen-free. Plus, every product you purchase from us helps improve the nutrition of a woman or child in need through our partnership with Vitamin Angels.
This supplement is one of the reliable supplement you might to consider using when you want to get a magnesium supplement for sleeping. It is an all-natural supplement that comes in a capsule form and holds about 150mg magnesium in 2 capsules.
It is one of the popular brands of magnesium products out there and has proven its reliability amongst its many users.
It is nutritional and serves as a sleep inducer, and also helps in alleviating anxiety tensions.
This product is easily digested, and it leaves no traces of residue in your body that may cause any irritation to your stomach.
It even eases the mind and enhances focus in mind, thereby making it an essential supplement that you should consider getting.
|It doesn’t leave any laxative effects||It dosage level may be too low for some users|
|It helps in support of the nerves and muscles|
|It reduces anxiety levels|
|It also improves sleep|
- STRESS AND ANXIETY RELIEF: A superb, all natural anti-stress, anti-anxiety, delicious supplement powder that helps restores healthy magnesium levels.
- LEG CRAMP RELIEF & SLEEP AID: Promotes relaxation, encourages deep, restful sleep and may relieve muscle cramps (including leg cramps at night). Suitable for all age groups, including kids who may not eat enough fruits and vegetables.
- OVERALL HEALTH: Not just magnesium, but a complete magnesium supplement system (with boron, copper, manganese, potassium, zinc, silica, B12, K2, etc.). Magnesium is a crucial mineral required for healthy bones, cardiovascular health, healthy blood glucose levels, immunity, energy production and every aspect of cellular health. A superb electrolyte replacement system. Super bio-available.
- Magnesium deficiency may contribute to countless, otherwise unexplained health challenges. Nutritionists estimate that 80% of Americans are magnesium deficient. Stress, alcohol and soda consumption, heavy exercise, digestive disorders, cortisone and high dietary (or supplemental) calcium can cause magnesium deficiency.
- 100% GUARANTEE: Natural, NonGMO, Vegan, Gluten Free. Made in the United States in a cGMP facility. The world’s finest magnesium supplement, backed by 40 years of excellence.
The pure essence lab ionic magnesium supplement is yet another supplement that gives its users a productive result. One scoop of this supplement contains about 300mg of magnesium in it, making it very useful. Plus, the fact that it is in powder form means that it would circulate faster in the body to produces results quicker and more effectively. Its size is about 12.06oz; thus, it can last for a long while.
This particular supplement is unlike any other, as it combines both the eastern traditional medicine and the western advanced medical practices. Thereby giving you a useful supplement.
Taking this supplement is easy; all you have to do is add the supplement to water and enjoy its nutritional benefits. It is best taken with meals, before or during or immediately after a meal, for optimal effects. Other nutrients in it include; Vitamins A, C B6, D3 and B12, manganese and zinc.
|It comes in a powdered form, making it easily digestible||The taste may be appalling to some|
|It helps to induce sleep and reduce anxiety||Too much of it might cause some stomach upset|
|It has an interesting lime flavor|
|It has other essential nutrients|
- STRENGTHEN IMMUNITY, FEEL RELAXED & CALM, REDUCE STRESS & ANXIETY – Specifically designed to restore magnesium levels critical for energy production, immunity, a healthy nervous system and muscle function / relaxation. Pure Magnesium provides our bodies with what’s needed to feel relaxed, at ease and rejuvenated. So you can remain cool, calm & collected
- SLEEP EASY – This natural sleep aid is perfect for women, men, elderly, women during pregnancy & teenagers who may suffer from insomnia or other sleep disorders. Pure Magnesium optimizes Magnesium levels to help activate a neurotransmitter GABA, which is responsible for helping our brain & muscles relax and switch off for a better night sleep
- NO STOMACH UPSETS & EASY TO SWALLOW – This small, easy to swallow capsule contains Magnesium Bisglycinate, a very gentle form of Magnesium that breaks down in the small intestine. This greatly reduces the incidence of stomach upsets, nausea and diarrhoea
- PURE, NATURAL & TRUSTED - Pure Magnesium is the natural alternative. It contains no Magnesium Stearate, gluten, dairy, soy, preservatives, artificial colors / flavors & is non gmo - So you can reap the benefits without any of the Nasties! #1 Medical Doctor Certified & Practitioner Grade, USA Made, 3rd Party Tested. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee or your money back...completely risk free!
- FAST RELIEF FROM MUSCLE CRAMPS AND TENSION – Our Magnesium Chelate (Magnesium Glycinate) is clinically proven to be a Highly Absorbable and Tolerable form of Magnesium, ensuring faster acting results
Getting sound sleep and fighting insomnia can be hard to do, for those plagued with insomnia. But there are supplements you can take that fight insomnia for you. And one of those supplements you can try out is the pure micronutrient supplement. Its two capsules contain over 200mg magnesium in it, and as such, it is an ideal supplement for you. It also provides as much as 180 capsulesthusre, it can last a long time.
It uses a scientific formula meaning that it gets absorbed by the body faster, making its effects faster. It is also cost-effective and can be afforded by even budget tight persons. The formula also enhances the production of energy from food consumed. It also helps in the effective production of GABA, a neurotransmitter that aids in calming the mind, as well as reduce anxiety.
|The pills are small and easy to swallow||It does not work well for some persons|
|It gets absorbed easily to the body|
|It dissolves gently into the body, to prevent irritation of the stomach|
|It also alleviates anxiety and insomnia|
- Specially developed to help support proper muscle function and cardiovascular health
- Formulated with magnesium chloride for better absorption than magnesium oxide
- Slow release enteric coated formula designed to help reduce the chance of stomach upset
- Contains added calcium to help support normal nerve and muscle function
- Magnesium helps support healthy response to stress
With about 60 tablets in its bottle, the SlowMag magnesium supplement is yet another supplement you might want to look into. It has all the essential mineral needed for the fortifying for the body, including some vital organs like the heart.
Two SlowMag capsules contain 143mg of magnesium and are coated with an enteric coating to prevent the magnesium chloride in pills react with the acid in the stomach, thereby causing some significant discomfort. Its formula’s design promotes fast absorption in the bloodstream, for effective distribution.
You should take two tablets daily which will compensate for the deficiency in magnesium in your body and also help you sleep better
|It has a high absorption rate into the bloodstream||It contains a very low amount of magnesium in two capsules|
|It has an enteric coating on the capsule that prevents reaction with the stomach acid|
|It encourages sound sleep|
|It also prevents muscle cramps and alleviates anxiety|
- #1 HIGHEST QUALITY - “USP Grade”: you get one of the purest natural magnesium chloride available - Made in USA - Big size 12 oz topical transdermal spray.
- THE BEST WAY TO GET MAGNESIUM - you get 100% absorbable elemental magnesium delivered directly to cellular level through skin. Mined as a liquid in its ionic state, it requires no further processing by your body.
- MAGNESIUM OIL WORKS - it's considered to be one of the best natural remedies for sore muscles, leg cramps, headaches, migraines & various bodily aches. It also helps you relax in the evening, fall asleep easier, and sleep better throughout the night.
- IT WORKS OR YOUR MONEY BACK - Seven Minerals products work & they work extremely well - We guarantee you'll get results or you get 100% refund, no questions asked. BUY NOW WITH CONFIDENCE!
- IMPORTANT NOTICE - Officially, the system will not allow returns on this product. So the "usual" return process does not work. No worries! Contact Seven Minerals customer support and we'll take great care of you! Remember, IT WORKS OR YOUR MONEY BACK.
One of the fantastic things about this product is that, not only do you not have to swallow it (which can be irritating for some), it has properties in it that allow it break down and be absorbed by the skin easily.
It, therefore, means that you don’t have to go through the process of ingesting it. All you have to do it apply this product on your skin and let it work. Eight sprays contain about 215mg of magnesium, which is enough to supplement the magnesium levels in your body.
The best thing about this product is that you don’t have to wait to eat before you use it, you can apply it anytime, anywhere. Since it is applied directly to the body, it works very fast, as it is absorbed to the bloodstream where it is circulated to the body; thanks to its ionic properties.
|It is absorbed into the bloodstream, making it fast and effective||It may not be effective for some persons|
|You can use this product anytime, anywhere|
|You don’t have to swallow it|
|It helps you to sleep|
|It doesn’t cause any form of irritation to the stomach|
Final Words On Which Magnesium Is Best For Sleep
Insomnia is no funny matter; it is a real medical issue that should be treated with all level of urgency and alacrity. Sometimes you don’t need a fancy drug to help fight insomnia, for what could be the problem could be a deficiency in citrate magnesium.
It, thus, means that you should always consult your doctor or physician when you want to take this magnesium. Or when you want to deal with the problem of sleeplessness. From our list, the best magnesium supplement for sleep is the MAGNESIUM GLYCINATE CHELATE which is by far more effective with proven results. It is all natural and easily digested with absolutely no traces.
Also, it is vital that you eat healthily so that the only thing the supplements will do is to compensate for the deficiency of magnesium in your body.
Did you like “What’s the Best Magnesium Supplement For Sleep?”? We would greatly appreciate if you share this on your favorite social media channel.
Last update on 2020-03-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API