If you are in a hurry and just want to find out what the Best Magnesium Supplement for Heart Palpitations are, then I’d recommend the Doctor's Best High Absorption Magnesium Glycinate Lysinate as the best one.
Heart palpitations manifest in different ways. They can do one of cause your heart to beat fast (tachycardia) or to beat slow (bradycardia). Palpitations can also cause your heart to flutter or even to skip beats. Sometimes, heart palpitations can make you experience pain in your chest or shortness of breath. Other times, they do not.
These palpitations can be caused by adrenaline, heart disease, electrolyte imbalances, anemia, arrhythmias, anxiety disorders, and low blood sugar. Many times too, magnesium imbalance and deficiency can be one of the biggest causes of heart palpitations. In such cases, magnesium supplements can help restore the heart back to its natural rhythm.
This article will review the following five best magnesium supplement for heart palpitations to help you pick which one is best for you.
Magnesium and the Health of the Heart
A deficiency of magnesium can cause a number of body functions to fail in such ways that can have adverse effects on the health of your heart. Of all the organs of the body, the heart, especially the left ventricle, has the highest need for magnesium. Insufficient amounts of magnesium can cause the heart to malfunction.
Magnesium has the following relations to heart health:
- Magnesium functions as an electrolyte which is essential for electrical activity in the body. Without electrolytes which allow for electrical signals to be sent and received through the body. The absence of these signals would stop your heart from pumping blood which can have adverse effects on even your brain.
- Muscle spasms can occur as a result of insufficient magnesium and this would have negative effects on your heart.
- Your cellular metabolic, as well as mitochondrial functions, will be affected negatively by lack of magnesium. This would also have consequences like causing heart problems.
- Low magnesium negatively affects the electrical impulses which are responsible for the heartbeat and heart rate. This means that the rhythm of your heart would be affected by a deficiency of magnesium. This situation is called Cardiac Arrhythmias.
- Low magnesium also raises the risk of hypertension which may result in congestive heart failures and the enlargement of the heart.
Generally, your risk of Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) increases with insufficient magnesium. Low magnesium intake would naturally mean that there is a lower circulation of magnesium in your body which could lead to heart problems which may begin to manifest as palpitations.
The body essentially requires sufficient magnesium to maintain healthy body functions which definitely include the healthy functions of the heart. Taking magnesium supplements, in the case of magnesium deficiency, can help prevent a number of heart issues. It is also therapeutic and can help people who already suffer from some cardiovascular diseases to have better lives.
Side Effects of Magnesium Supplements
Magnesium can have toxic effects regardless of how essential they can be for the good health of the heart. Such effects could include nausea, diarrhea, loss of appetite, abdominal cramping, unsafe low blood pressure, irregularities in the heartbeat as well as difficulty in breathing.
Excess levels of magnesium, in addition to the above-named symptoms, can also lead to an electrolyte imbalance which can still have adverse effects on the health of the heart. Excess magnesium in the body can also lead to the weakness of the muscles, confusion, increased thirst and in worst case scenarios, it can lead to death.
The accumulation of excess magnesium in the bloodstream can cause a cardiac arrest which means that the heart would completely stop beating which can be very fatal.
It is, therefore, essential to keep your magnesium intake within the limits of prescription by your doctor to avoid an overdose which can lead to the above-named side effects.
Who Should Take Magnesium Supplements?
Magnesium is generally an essential body nutrient which every human being needs in order to have normal and healthy body functions. Some people would, however, need to consciously take supplements to boost the levels of magnesium in their bodies. People who are magnesium deficient would, therefore, need to use magnesium supplements to boost their magnesium levels.
As has already been said, magnesium is also very essential for the health of the heart and so it would become necessary for people with heart issues to boost their magnesium levels in order to have better heart conditions.
However, magnesium supplements may not always be the best option for everyone. People who have or who have had kidney problems, constipation, stomach or colon blockages, appendicitis or either too high or too low levels of any or all of potassium, sodium chloride and phosphate should avoid magnesium supplements. If you have any of these problems and you have to take magnesium supplements, it is crucial that you talk to your doctor first.
If you suffer from diabetes or intestinal diseases, you should also ensure to talk to your doctor before taking magnesium. In addition, it may not be safe for people who take diuretics, antibiotics or any other heart medications to take magnesium supplements.
Reviews of Five of the Best Magnesium Supplements
- HIGH ABSORPTION MAGNESIUM GLYCINATE: High Absorption Magnesium uses a patented, organic, chelated delivery form of magnesium to optimize bioavailability and GI tolerance. It is not buffered and is more absorbable than magnesium oxide.*
- BETTER ABSORBABILITY: Magnesium Glycinate - 2.3x greater than magnesium carbonate, 3.6x greater than magnesium sulfate, 6.0x greater than magnesium oxide, Chelated magnesium is absorbed faster and at a higher rate than ionic salts. Helps promote high magnesium retention in the body. Better tolerated, minimizes laxative effect -- even at therapeutic doses. TRAACS (The Real Amino Acid Chelate System), not a synthetic chelate. Water soluble.*
- MAGNESIUM HEALTH BENEFITS: An essential dietary mineral, magnesium plays many important roles, including: helps increase energy levels, helps relax nerves and tension, helps maintain a normal, regular heartbeat, supports bone density, helps maintain muscle mass, muscle power and physical performance, helps digestion tract. Helps promote calmness allowing better sleep and reduced insomnia, helps prevent muscle cramps, tightness, and soreness, helps stop headaches. Inadequate magnesium not only affects the heart, blood vessels, and bones, but may also impact blood sugar balance as well. *
- NOT ALL "AMINO ACID CHELATES" ARE TRUE CHELATES: High Absorption Magnesium is made with Albion minerals TRAACS, 100% not buffered. Albion unique chelated mineral, scientific process turns elemental minerals form into an absorbed nutrient that's gentle on your stomach with no laxative effects.
This is a high absorption magnesium supplement that helps the muscles to relax, supports the optimum function of the nerves and helps cells produce metabolic energy. It also supports the normal rhythm of the heart as well as supports bone density.
|It supports the production of metabolic energy|
|It helps the muscles to relax|
|It encourages a restful sleep|
|It supports bone density|
|It helps the nerves function well|
|It supports normal and healthy heart rate|
|The pills are chewable|
|It helps to eliminate anxiety|
|It is good for vegetarians|
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee- If you don't believe that Heart Calm has helped to significantly improve the way you feel, we will refund 100% of your purchase price, no questions asked. Your health and happiness are our number one priority.
- Helps support and maintain a healthy heart rhythm and may help you manage everyday feelings of stress and anxiety by helping to regulate adrenaline levels
- Proprietary magnesium complex containing magnesium taurate, magnesium glycinate and magnesium malate helps to restore and maintain healthy magnesium levels
- Encapsulated in New York in an NSF certified and FDA cGMP compliant facility
- No Magnesium Stearate, Gluten, Soy, Dairy, Nuts, Shellfish, Artificial Colors, Flavors or Preservatives
This supplement is a natural formula that enables healthy rhythm for the heart as well as electrical stability. It is formulated with magnesium taurate, magnesium malate, and magnesium glycinate to prevent bowel discomforts which may ordinarily occur from some forms of magnesium.
It also contains potassium to support the production of energy. Potassium is also another essential nutrient for heart health.
|It is designed to prevent bowel discomforts|
|It supports energy production|
|It ensures the normal and healthy rhythm of the hear|
|It regulates adrenaline levels|
|It contains no animal by-products and so, may be taken by vegetarians|
- Magnesium taurate is a fully reacted complex and not simply a blend of the two materials
- Contains no corn, soy, yeast, wheat or other common food or chemical allergens
- Dietary supplement
This is an amino acid mineral complex formulated to ensure maximal availability of magnesium. It is a beneficial dietary supplement free from soy, yeast, corn, and wheat. It is also good for people who have allergies because it is free from allergens. It contains taurate, calcium stearate, gelatin, silicon dioxide, and cellulose.
|It has a high absorption rate||It contains gelatin and so may not be suitable for vegetarians|
|It works quickly to stop palpitations|
|Taurate, present in this supplement, helps the flow of blood to the heart. It also helps the heart to pump blood throughout the body|
- Supports energy production and metabolism
- Critical for enzyme function, muscle contraction, nerve impulse transmission, and bone mineralization
- Magnesium is also important for regulation of calcium balance
- Halal, Kosher, Gluten-free, Non-GMO, Vegan/Vegetarian
- Free of: dairy,egg, and soy
This magnesium supplement is formulated to enable nerve impulse transmissions, produce energy, enable muscle contraction as well as enable bone health while working to keep the heart in good shape. It contains cellulose, magnesium stearate, as well as stearic acid and vegetable coating.
|It is good for the health of the bone||The size of the pills may be too big for some people|
|It enables maximal nerve functions|
|It helps in the production of energy|
|It enables muscle contraction|
|It is good for vegetarians|
|It combats constipation|
- Magnesium supports healthy bones and teeth, and is essential in converting food into cellular energy.
- Citrate form offers higher absorption. 100% Magnesium Citrate Form
- Magnesium citrate is a more highly absorbable form than magnesium oxide.
- Color Derived from Natural Sources - No Synthetic Dyes.
- When to Take : Take 2 softgels daily with a meal. For easier swallowing, take with water before and during ingestion .125mg +125mg = 250mg
Nature Made is formulated to support the healthy and maximal functions of the heart, the muscles, and the nerves. It is also great for the formation of bones and teeth as well as great for the metabolism and utilization of energy in the body. It contains gelatin, glycerine, soy lecithin, yellow beeswax a well as colors.
|It enables the formation of bones||It may not be good for vegetarians because it contains gelatin|
|It enables the formation of teeth|
|It helps the nerves and muscles to function healthily|
|It enables the metabolism and utilization of energy|
With a wide variety of magnesium supplements available on the market, picking the best magnesium supplement may seem a bit overwhelming. The list above has been compiled to make it possible for you to purchase good quality magnesium supplements without having to go through too much trouble.
While every product on this list is an efficient, good quality brand of magnesium supplements, the Doctor's Best High Absorption Magnesium Glycinate Lysinate comes with more benefits for overall health than any of all the others on the list. We can, therefore, safely say that it is the best brand of magnesium supplement on the list above.
If you have been experiencing heart palpitations due a deficiency of magnesium, the above list should do you a lot of good and be of great help to you when choosing your magnesium supplements. Remember to stick to the prescribed dosages in order to avoid the side effects that come with excess magnesium.
Did you like “What is The Best Magnesium Supplement for Heart Palpitations?”? We would greatly appreciate if you share it on Facebook and Tweet it.
Last update on 2019-10-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API