If you are in a hurry and just want to find out what the Best Multivitamin for BodyBuilding is, then I’d recommend the Animal Pak Multivitamin as the best one.
Sometimes, the food we eat somehow does not make it to supplying all the vitamins and minerals that our bodies need. This makes it important sometimes to get multivitamins as an insurance plan to make sure that your body can get all the vitamins and minerals it requires.
But, another thing to worry about is which multivitamin exactly is the right one to get. If you’ve been wondering which is the best multivitamin for bodybuilding, keep reading. We’re going to try and help you make the right choice.
Some Important Ingredients Your Multivitamin Should Have
Here are some ingredients you need to look out for in any multivitamins you’re purchasing;
Calcium is important for maintaining the integrity of the bone. Women particularly begin to lose bone density earlier. This makes it important for women to get enough calcium to protect their bones. Of course, men too need enough calcium to prevent bone density loss.
Iron ensures a healthy brain function, increased energy levels as well as healthy red blood cells. Also, women would particularly need iron because of the effects of puberty, menstruation, and pregnancy. Around 18mg of iron in the form of ferric citrate, ferric sulfate, ferrous sulfate, or ferrous gluconate is what your body needs.
3. Vitamin D
This helps the body to absorb calcium which supports the health of the bone. A deficiency of vitamin D can lead to loss of hair and bone density, back pain as well as increase the likelihood of falling sick.
4. Vitamin B-12
This helps to keep the blood cells and the nerves healthy. It also helps to make DNA which is the genetic material in cells. It is recommended that you get a multivitamin that carries B-12 in the form of methylcobalamin or methyl B-12.
Zinc provides immune system support. And supports our body to use protein, carbohydrates and fat for energy. The body can’t store zinc so it is important that your multivitamin supplement contains it. Getting a multivitamin supplement that contains about 5-10mg of zinc is recommended as your body requires about 8-11mg of zinc on a daily basis. Combined with your diet, a supplement with 5-10mg of zinc should provide your daily need for zinc.
This nutrient is important for energy production and to maintain the integrity of the bone. It also helps to regulate the functions of the muscles and the nerves, balance blood sugar levels, calm the nervous system as well as reduce stress and sleep problems.
This helps in the development of the fetus and prevents birth defects. It also helps if you’re fighting depression or you’re trying to grow out your nails. 400mcg of folate is recommended and 600 if you’re pregnant.
Health Benefits of Multivitamins
Here are some general health benefits of multivitamin supplements;
- Vitamins like vitamin A can support vision as well as ensure healthy skin and good overall development
- Multivitamins can support energy levels with ingredients like vitamin B
- Vitamins like vitamin D can support healthy bones and enable immune function
- Vitamin E is good for skin health as well as circulation. It also provides antioxidant protection
- Multivitamins containing calcium help to support strong bones, strong teeth and enable blood clotting
- Folic acid supports heart function and helps with cell renewal
- Iron helps to maintain healthy blood and support muscle function
- Ingredients like folic acid, iron and vitamin D provide help for pregnant women to reduce the risk of neural tube defects
- They can help in the development of little children especially when such kids do not eat very well
- It provides a lot of support for aging and aged people especially in the breakdown of food and absorption of nutrients
Who Should Take Multivitamins?
Multivitamins are healthy for about every group of people. But, due to age or activity levels or other conditions, some people especially have a need for multivitamins.
Because of higher levels of physical activity, athletes especially need multivitamins for more nutrients. Amino acid and creatine supplements provide support for the muscles during tough exercises and also aid recovery and growth.
Oxidative stress and tissue damage can also be aftermaths of tough exercising. Antioxidant nutrients like vitamins C and E can provide help for such situations.
2. Aging and aged people
People above the age of 65 produce less hydrochloric acid and this makes nutrient absorption and food breakdown difficult. Multivitamins can help with such breakdown and nutrient absorption. They could also support the strength of the bones.
3. Pregnant and lactating women
Daily doses of folic acid help to reduce the risk of neural tube defects in pregnant women. Women considering pregnancy are advised to take 400mcg of folic acid daily. Multivitamins high in iron and vitamin D are also recommended.
4. People on restricted diets
If you have any restrictions on your diets, you may be lacking certain nutrients. This makes it important to use multivitamin supplements to make up for whatever nutrients you’re missing out on. Vegetarians and vegans, for example, are mostly lacking in vitamin B 12 which is primarily found in red meat.
5. Menopausal women
Menopause typically comes with a loss of protective estrogen which enables bone loss. Women also experience night sweats, hot flushes, and irritability. Calcium, vitamin D, and phytoestrogen supplements will provide great help with such experiences.
6. People with deficiencies
It goes without saying that people with deficiencies need supplements to make up for what is absent.
Chemicals in cigarettes produce free radicals. High quantities of vitamins C can help to combat the effects of this. B12 is also made up for the lower B12 serum levels that is usually the case with smokers.
8. Little children
Vitamin supplements will also help with all-round development in children.
Reviews of the Best Vitamins for Bodybuilding
- MULTIPLE SUPPLEMENTS IN ONE: Pak not only provides vitamins and minerals, but it also contains; amino acids, uni-liver, antioxidants, digestive enzymes, and a stacked performance complex. Take care of all your nutritional foundation in one supplement.
- TRUSTED BY THE PROS: Pak has been used as a daily staple for over 30 years by the world's top bodybuilders and strength athletes. When you are training to be the best, you should only put the best into your body.
- MOST COMPLETE FORMULA: The competition doesn't stack up when you compare the formulas. Pak is more than just vitamin c, d, e, b12; it is the first and last stop you need for a complete nutrition upgrade in a single supplement.
- TRUSTED MANUFACTURER: We are the manufacturer. The only way to be sure you are getting exactly what you pay for, is to make it yourself. And for over 30 years, that is exactly what we have done. Straight from the manufacturer to the customer, so you get the newest and the best, every time.
- MADE IN THE U.S.A: We are a cGMP manufacturer and we are routinely inspected by the FDA. Animal offers a 100% money back guarantee, because we can. Animal was built on developing high quality supplements and we stand on that foundation, today.
This multivitamin is designed with weightlifters and athletes in mind. It comes loaded with the essential vitamins and minerals to keep your immune system in its best shape. It includes amino acid complex to help with recovery from the aftermath of tough exercises as well as help with recovery.
It is also designed with a performance complex which includes carnitine, milk thistle, uni-lever and more to boost energy levels. And comes with an antioxidant complex to support you during muscle regeneration. Whether you are an athlete or not, this could also be very good to enhance your energy levels. And help with recovery and growth after strenuous daily activities.
|It is designed to help athletes and weightlifters||Some people have complained of a stomach upset after usage even though it has not always been the case|
|It helps to boost energy levels|
|It supports the health of the immune system|
|It supports good physical performance|
|It helps with recovery and muscle regeneration|
- FULL SPECTRUM: One Serving Provides Daily Benefits across Key Multivitamins, Minerals, Antioxidants, Enzymes, Micronutrients and Phytonutrients to Support Bone, Eye, Immune, Skin and General Health.
- HIGHEST QUALITY INGREDIENTS: All Ingredients are Tested to Ensure Efficacy and Authenticity and then MANUFACTURED IN THE USA in a FDA-approved and GMP Certified Facility.
- VEGETARIAN MULITVITAMIN: Our Ultrapure Multivitamin is both Gluten Free and Vegetarian
- NATURAL VITAMIN D: We use 5000IU of Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) instead of Vitamin D2 to ensure its metabolized most effectively.
- TOP RATED: VITAMODE is Highly Rated by Men to Help Them Meet Their Daily Nutrient Needs
This one comes with a long list of benefits for you. It includes beta carotene to support the vision, cell growth as well as support the immune systems. It also provides cardiovascular support with the presence of vitamin C. Vitamin E is included to support the skin as well as the eye and immune system.
Also, it includes enough folic acid as well as vitamin D to support bone health. This multivitamin supplement is also formulated to replenish some of the major water-soluble vitamins which are usually lost during intense training. It also helps to provide support after stress and helps to convert food into fuel boosting energy levels.
What’s more? This supplement helps to boost metabolism as well as balances blood sugar levels.
|It helps to boost energy levels||It may not have the most pleasant taste or smell|
|It supports the health of the immune system|
|It provides cardiovascular support|
|It supports vision|
|It supports cell growth|
|It supports the health of the bone|
|It supports metabolism and blood sugar levels|
- DAILY MULTIVITAMIN FOR MEN AND WOMEN. With 21 vitamins and minerals and 14 powerful phytonutrients.
- BOOST YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM. A potent vitamin and mineral and herb formulation for immune support.
- WORKOUT VITAMINS THAT REALLY WORK. More energy, less stress, improved performance, & better recovery
- EFFECTIVE VITAMINS FOR ANXIETY. One of the few multivitamins that can reduce anxiety and depression.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: We hope you love Triumph, but if you don't, you get your money back.
This one will help to improve health and well-being while enhancing mental and physical performance. It also supports the health of the immune system as well as the health of the heart. It is also helpful with insulin sensitivity, blood flow, and blood pressure.
Also, this multivitamin supports mental health including cognitive abilities, memory, and mood. Also, it will help with joint health and ease aches, fatigue, and inflammation. Its provision of immune support will also help to prevent diseases and dysfunction.
Again, this supplement will help to ward off the mental stress that that causes situations like depression and anxiety. Here is yet another great multivitamin option to provide most of the nutrients your body needs.
|It helps to enhance mental health||It may also not have the most pleasant smell or taste|
|It improves mood|
|It supports joint health|
|It provides immune system support|
|It supports the health of the heart|
|It helps to ward off mental stress|
- High-Potency Multivitamin for Active Men. 75+ Ingredients in 4 Performance Blends. 25 Vitamins & Essential Minerals and 1 Gram of Free Form Amino Acids, 1,500 IU of Vitamin D
- We recommend that the product be stored in the original container and kept in a cool, dry place. Be sure to put lid on tight and do not leave containers open for extended time
- We are aware that some consumers have reported product crumbling when Opti-Men tablets are removed from the original container and put into pill carrying cases. The product is safe to consume. The crumbling is due to excess exposure to moisture in the environment when put into the pill carrying cases. There have been isolated reports of crumbling in original bottle as well. We are implementing changes to increase the integrity of the tablet when stored in all containers. You may notice a change in a color of the tablet as a result
- At Optimum Nutrition, we take quality and customer satisfaction very seriously. If you are not satisfied with Opti-Men for any reason, please contact ON Consumer Affairs at email@example.com
- Take 3 Tablets Daily with Meals
Here is a high potency multivitamin for active men. Designed with a perfect blend of zinc, magnesium. And vitamin B6 included to increase the strength of the muscle as well as enhance size and recovery after intense training. It also includes coated fish oil which is rich in healthy long-chain fatty acids.
Additionally, there are DHA, EPA and omega-3 fatty acids included to support metabolic functions. It is also formulated to support the health of the heart as well as the production of cellular energy.
This multivitamin supplement will support overall health and help to boost energy levels, endurance for physical activity as well as muscle functions.
|It supports muscle functions||You may not like that your pee becomes radiant after you've taken this|
|It supports metabolic functions|
|It supports the health of the heart|
|It enables the production of cellular energy|
- Daily Multivitamin For Overall Health
- Supports Optimal Digestion, Immune System and Joint Health
- 45 Day Supply
- Optimize Results From Training
- Fully Dosed 4 Supplements In One
Also designed to support athletes. This supplement combines the right vitamins and minerals to support the immune system. As well as enable optimal digestion.
It also supports joint health with its joint and flex complexes which help to lubricate the cartilage and the joints. While also increasing the resilience of the connective tissue.
Also, the digestive and immune complex comes with natural anti-inflammatory digestive aids. As well as nutrient partitioning agents which will provide great performance support.
This supplement comes complete with all the necessary ingredients to enable optimal health conditions and support healthy physical activity. As well as makeup for losses due to physical activity.
|It supports digestion||The tablet is large and some people may find it hard to swallow|
|It enables great performance|
|It provides immune system support|
|It supports the health of the joints|
|It helps to maintain the integrity of the connective tissue|
No products found.
Final Words On Best Vitamins For Bodybuilding
From helping digestion to supporting performance. To enhance the health of the immune system and ensuring good health. Multivitamins come with many health benefits which we have already talked about. The above reviewed are some of the best multivitamins available for you on the market.
While every single one of the above come with many provisions to support your health, our highest recommendation goes to the Animal Pak Multivitamin which seems to offer a lot more support to system functions.
Of course, you can always and should choose which one works best for you. Talking to your doctor before purchasing any supplements may also be a great idea. But, these are our recommendations for healthy supplements to help make up for your body’s daily nutrient needs.
Did you like “Best Multivitamin for BodyBuilding”? We would greatly appreciate if you share this on your favorite social media channel.
Last update on 2019-05-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API