Classic compote recipes include large amounts of white sugar, but this version relies on a more modest amount of real maple syrup for a bit of sweetness.
Although this recipe uses fresh blueberries, lemon juice, and cinnamon, feel free to add any combination of fresh berries, citrus juice, and seasonings to create your own tasty flavor variations.
Instant Pot Maple Blueberry Compote
- 3/4 cup Blueberries, Fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup Real maple syrup
- 2 tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Add all ingredients to Instant Pot container and stir to combine. Add the lid and lock into position.
- Set the pressure valve to the “Sealing” position and press the “Manual” button. Adjust the setting to high and select 3 minutes for the cook time. After a brief pause, the Instant Pot will automatically start building pressure at this point.
- When the cook time has finished, turn the Instant Pot off to prevent scorching. Allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then manually release the remaining pressure by carefully moving the valve to the “Venting” position.
- Optional: To thicken the compote, select the “Sauté” function and cook over high heat, stirring constantly, until excess liquid is reduced. Turn the Instant Pot off and immediately remove container from the unit to cool.
- Serve immediately or transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for 7 to 10 days. Serve over ice cream, yogurt, waffles, French toast, pancakes, oatmeal, pound cake, cheesecake, or rice pudding with a dollop of whipped cream, if desired. Enjoy!
Did you like “Instant Pot Maple Blueberry Compote Recipe”? We would greatly appreciate if you share this on your favorite social media.
Will you try this recipe? Share photos of your finish dish or your own version of it in the comment section below.