This broccoli recipe is a delicious side dish that is simple to prepare, which you can easily incorporate into your mid-week meals.
Burnt Broccoli Recipe
- 2 heads Fresh broccoli, washed and florets removed (stalks and stems reserved for another use), or 2 12 oz. bags of frozen broccoli florets
- 2 tbsp Water
- 3 cloves Garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 2 tbsp Olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp Crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tbsp Unsalted butter, divided
- 2 tbsp Sesame oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place fresh or frozen broccoli florets and 2 tablespoons water in a microwave-safe bowl
- Microwave on high setting until crisp-tender. The time to cook the broccoli will depend on the microwave you own, it is best to test after 2 minutes and adjust cooking time accordingly. Do not overcook. When finished cooking, the florets should be firm.
- Place one tablespoon of olive oil in a cold pan and add one-half of the chopped garlic. Set heat to medium and add ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional) and one tablespoon of butter.
- Cook garlic over medium heat for approximately 1-2 minutes while stirring constantly. Increase heat to medium-high and add ½ broccoli florets to the pan. Stir broccoli constantly while searing the florets.
- Once burnt, remove the broccoli from the skillet and place in a large glass bowl. Cover and keep warm.
- Repeat process with remaining garlic, olive oil, red pepper, butter and broccoli
- When the second batch of broccoli is finished, add it to the bowl with the original batch. Sprinkle with sesame oil and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve immediately.
Did you like “Burnt Broccoli Recipe”? We would greatly appreciate if you share this on your favorite social media.
Will you try this recipe? Share photos of your finish dish or your own version of it in the comment section below.