In most cases, pre-packaged “convenience” foods are a big no-no when trying to maintain a healthy diet. However, this recipe features one time-saving convenience item that won’t have a negative impact on your health!
You can now find pre-packaged butternut squash “noodles” in most larger grocery stores and they are absolutely perfect for those nights when you need to get dinner on the table quickly.
Of course, if you have a vegetable spiralizer like Paderno World Cuisine Tri-Blade Vegetable Spiral Slicer, you can always make your own butternut squash “noodles” in just a few minutes. Either way, you’re going to love this fast and delicious dish!
Savory Butternut Squash “Noodles” Recipes
- 2 tbsp Olive oil, extra virgin
- 4 cups Pre-packaged butternut squash “noodles”
- 3 tbsp Unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp Fresh sage, chopped
- 2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add butternut squash noodles and cook for 4-5 minutes, turning frequently to ensure they cook evenly. When noodles are slightly softened, remove from pan and set aside. Keep warm.
- Add butter to pan and heat until melted. Stir in chopped sage and cinnamon and cook until fragrant, approximately 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Return butternut squash noodles to pan and toss to coat in sage butter mixture. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately with your favorite entrée or as a light main course.
Did you like “Savory Butternut Squash “Noodles” Recipes”? We would greatly appreciate if you share this on your favorite social media.
Will you try this recipe? Share photos of your finish dish or your own version of it in the comment section below.