It’s hard to beat the classic flavor combination of fresh tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil. However, this version adds another dimension by adding a rich and syrupy balsamic glaze instead of straight vinegar to top it off.
This, combined with a really good quality extra virgin olive oil, is all you need to make this classic shine!
Easy Caprese Salad Recipe (Balsamic Glaze)
- 4 Large ripe tomatoes
- 12 oz Fresh mozzarella, large ball
- 1 Large bunch fresh basil, washed and dried
- 3 tbsp Really good olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 cup Balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt and fresh-cracked black pepper, to taste
- Thoroughly wash and pat tomatoes and fresh basil dry. Slice tomatoes, working from top to bottom, into evenly sized slices approximately ¼” thick, and set aside. Discard the bottom and top slices. Cut fresh mozzarella into ¼” thick slices, as well.
- On each plate, start with a tomato slice, followed by mozzarella and a large, fresh basil leaf. Repeat this pattern until you’ve added 1 tomato and approximately 3 oz. of mozzarella to each plate, finishing each arrangement with a tomato slice. Drizzle with high-quality extra virgin olive oil.
- To make the balsamic glaze, heat 1 cup of good balsamic vinegar over medium-high heat until it begins to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the liquid is reduced to about 1/3 of its original volume, stirring continually. When the liquid becomes thick and syrupy, it is ready to use.
- Let glaze cool slightly before drizzling over the fresh tomato, mozzarella and basil. Season with salt and pepper to taste and garnish with additional sprigs of fresh basil, if desired.
Did you like “Easy Caprese Salad Recipe (Balsamic Glaze)”? We would greatly appreciate if you share this on your favorite social media.
Will you try this recipe? Share photos of your finish dish or your own version of it in the comment section below.