This quick and easy appetizer is sure to be a hit at your next party. This fun variation of the traditional Caprese salad replaces the classic tomato with sweet strawberries, which pair beautifully with the rich balsamic glaze and fresh basil.
Tip: The warm balsamic glaze will start to melt the cheese on contact. For a cleaner presentation, avoid adding the glaze to the cheese while drizzling it onto the skewers.
Strawberry Caprese Skewers Recipe with Balsamic Glaze
- 16 Fresh, small strawberries, washed and cut in half across the width, hull intact
- 32 medium Fresh basil leaves, washed and patted dry
- 16 Ciliegine (mini-Mozzarella balls)
- 1 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp High-quality extra-virgin olive oil to drizzle
Additional equipment: 16 6” wooden skewers
- Thread the top half of one strawberry onto a wooden skewer with the hull facing up. Next, fold one basil leaf in half, dark side facing out, and add it to the skewer. Add one mini-Mozzarella ball, followed by another folded basil leaf, and the bottom half of the strawberry.
- Repeat Step #1 with the remaining strawberries, basil, and Mozzarella until you have 16 completed skewers. Arrange on a serving platter and set aside.
- To prepare the glaze, add balsamic vinegar to a small sauté pan over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until the vinegar is reduced to about 1/3 of its original volume.
- Remove glaze from heat and let cool slightly. Drizzle over the skewers, along with some extra virgin olive oil, if desired. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Did you like “Strawberry Caprese Skewers Recipe with Balsamic Glaze”? We would greatly appreciate if you share this on your favorite social media.
Will you try this recipe? Share photos of your finish dish or your own version of it in the comment section below.