This delicious chilled soup is perfect for those warm summer evenings when you can’t imagine standing over a hot stove. For a beautiful change of pace, consider topping with colorful edible flowers rather than the more traditional bacon and cheddar shown here.
Tip: If you don’t care for the distinctive tangy flavor of goat cheese, try substituting ricotta, mascarpone, or additional cream cheese in its place.
Loaded Chilled Cauliflower Leek Soup
- 3 large Leeks, sliced white part only
- 1 medium Head cauliflower, cut into small chunks
- 3-4 Whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 cup Chicken broth, divided
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 4 oz Goat cheese
- 4 oz Cream cheese
- 4 oz Sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1. Add leeks, cauliflower, garlic, chicken broth, and cinnamon to Instant Pot. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- 2. Add lid and lock into place. Switch vent to “Sealing” position and set the “Manual” setting on high before adjusting the cook time to 9 minutes. After a brief pause, the Instant Pot will automatically start building pressure.
- 3. When finished cooking, do a quick release (QR) to allow the pressure to escape. Unlock and carefully remove lid. Add goat cheese, cream cheese, and sharp cheddar to the container and stir until cheese is completely melted.
- 4. Blend mixture with immersion blender until smooth (or transfer to blender or food processor if you don’t have an immersion blender). Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired.
- 5. Transfer soup to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator until chilled. To serve, transfer to individual serving bowls and top with crumbled bacon, green onions, grated cheddar cheese, or edible flowers, if desired. Enjoy!
Did you like “Loaded Chilled Cauliflower Leek Soup”? We would greatly appreciate if you share this on your favorite social media.
Did you try this recipe? Share photos of your finish dish or your own version of it in the comment section below.