This healthy, one-skillet chicken dish can be on the table in just 30 minutes, so it is perfect for those busy weeknights when you’re tempted to grab some takeout.
To round out the meal, try pairing this dish with Easy Refried Beans, steamed brown rice, or with a fresh green salad.
Mexican Chicken Burrito Skillet Recipe With Black Beans
- 1 tbsp Olive oil, extra virgin
- 1/2 medium Red onion, diced
- 2 Red or green bell peppers, diced
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 1 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Mexican oregano
- 1/2 tsp Chipotle powder
- 1 14-oz. can Black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup Frozen corn
- 1/2 cup Fresh cilantro, roughly chopped, divided
- 2 tbsp Fresh lime juice
Optional, to serve:
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack, shredded
- 1 large Avocado, chopped
- 1 large Lime, sliced into 8 wedges
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and peppers and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the veggies are soft and slightly caramelized, around 7-8 minutes.
- Add chicken, ground cumin, smoked paprika, Mexican oregano, and chipotle powder and cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is lightly browned on all sides, around 3-4 minutes. Season with additional salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Stir in black beans and frozen corn. Cook, stirring once or twice, until everything is warmed through, around 6-8 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired.
- Remove from heat and stir in half of the fresh cilantro and lime juice. If using, sprinkle cheese on top and cover with until cheese melts. Serve immediately topped with remaining cilantro, chopped avocado, and fresh lime wedges, if desired. Enjoy!
Did you like “Mexican Chicken Burrito Skillet Recipe With Black Beans”? We would greatly appreciate if you share this on your favorite social media channel.
Will you try this recipe? Share photos of your finish dish or your own version of it in the comment section below.