This delicious, light soup delivers the classic flavors of Chicken Marsala in a bowl. The earthy combination of fresh mushrooms, green onion, and Marsala wine make for a winning combination that is light enough for a warm summer day, yet rich enough for a cool fall evening.
Thanks to the addition of pre-cooked rotisserie chicken, you can have this homemade dish on the table in less than 30 minutes.
Chicken Marsala Soup
- 3 tbsp Olive oil, extra virgin
- 8 oz White mushrooms, sliced
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 4 Green onions, ends removed and chopped thin, white and green parts separated
- 2/3 cup Dry Marsala wine
- 6 cup Chicken stock, preferably organic
- 3 cup Rotisserie chicken, shredded
- Heat a heavy soup pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and mushrooms and cook, while stirring occasionally, until mushrooms start to release their juices, approximately 6-7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add white parts of onion to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- Increase heat to high and add the Marsala wine. Cook until wine has reduced to 1/3 of its volume, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and shredded chicken and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to just below medium. Simmer until heated through, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and ladle into individual soup bowls. Garnish with green parts of onion and serve immediately.
Did you like “Recipe For Chicken Marsala Soup”? We would greatly appreciate if you share this on your favorite social media.
Will you try this recipe? Share photos of your finish dish or your own version of it in the comment section below.