Nutritional Information: *
Total Carbs: 2.16g
Net Carbs: 1.88g
*Source: HappyForks.com recipe analyzer.
Nutritional information provided for entertainment purposes only and is not to be construed as medical advice.
One-Skillet Chicken Mozzarella Recipe
- 3 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 lbs Boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 1/2 tbsp Italian seasoning, divided
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp Unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup Chicken broth, preferably organic
- 1/2 cup Multi-colored cherry tomatoes, quartered*
- 8 oz Fresh Mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1/2 tsp Red pepper flakes
- Sprigs fresh basil
*Multi-color tomatoes suggested for visual appeal. Can substitute fresh tomatoes of choice.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large, oven-safe skillet over medium heat.
- Rub the chicken thighs with the remaining olive oil and sprinkle both sides with one tablespoon Italian seasoning. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and transfer to the hot skillet.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes per side, or until the chicken develops a golden crust. Remove from heat and add butter, chicken broth, and cherry tomatoes. Top each chicken thigh with a slice of fresh Mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes and remaining Italian seasoning. Season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired.
- Transfer skillet into preheated oven and roast for 15-20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and the Mozzarella is melted. Remove from oven and allow the chicken to rest for 5 minutes.
- To serve, top chicken with some pan sauce and fresh basil sprigs, if desired. Serve immediately with loaded cauliflower au gratin for a complete LCHF meal or your choice of sides. Enjoy!
Did you like “One-Skillet Chicken Mozzarella Recipe”? We would greatly appreciate if you share this on your favorite social media channel.
Did you try this recipe? Share photos of your finish dish or your own version of it in the comment section below.