Tagine is a delicious and a nutritious dish, full of flavor and taste. It is rich in protein, fiber, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, and low in salt, saturated fat and free of trans fat.
Chicken Tagine Recipe
- 6 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 Onions, sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 2 Potatoes, cut into slices
- 1 cup Tomato, wedged
- 1 cup Carrot, sliced
- 2 tbsp Canola oil
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- Cook the onions and garlic in the canola oil until soft.
- Add chicken pieces and brown them on each side for 5 minutes then add the pepper.
- Add the water, potatoes and carrots and cover the pan.
- Continue cooking over low heat for 45 minutes or until vegetables are almost cooked. Add tomato wedges and continue cooking until the vegetables are well cooked.
- Serve with steamed rice, salad, and low fat or nonfat yogurt or laban to make the meal more balanced and nutritious.
Did you like “The Best and Easy Chicken Tagine Recipe”? We would greatly appreciate if you share this on your favorite social media.
Will you try this recipe? Share photos of your finish dish or your own version of it in the comment section below.