Looking for a delicious snack to satisfy your sweet tooth? Look no further than these decadent chocolate hazelnut truffles. The best part? Dates and a touch of maple syrup add just enough sweetness without adding any refined sugar.
Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles
- 1/2 cup Raw hazelnuts
- 12 Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tbsp Cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 2 tbsp Coconut flour
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 tbsp Pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp coarse salt
- 1/4 cup Hazelnuts or almonds, ground
- 1/4 cup Coconut flakes, finely shredded
- 2 tbsp Unsweetened cocoa powder + ¼ t. each cayenne pepper and coarse salt
- 1. Place pitted dates in a small bowl filled with warm water. Set aside to soak for 10-15 minutes.
- 2. Line a rimmed baking sheet with wax paper and set aside. Pour each selected coating, if using, onto a separate shallow, rimmed plate and set aside.
- 3. Add hazelnuts to a food processor and process until finely ground.
- 4. Remove the softened dates from the bowl and drain off any excess water. Add dates and cocoa powder to a food processor and blend until smooth, approximately 3-4 minutes. Scrape the sides, as necessary, to ensure mixture is thoroughly combined.Tip: Add a few drops of water at a time, if necessary, to achieve a smooth consistency, but don’t add too much.
- 5. Add coconut flour, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt to the mixture and process until combined.
- 6. Remove the dough from the food processor and divide into 15-18 equal-sized portions. Roll each section of dough into a ball before rolling in the selected coatings.
- 7. Once coated, place on prepared baking tray and place in the refrigerator to chill for several minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Did you like “Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles Recipe”? We would greatly appreciate if you share this on your favorite social media channel.
Did you try this recipe? Share photos of your finish dish or your own version of it in the comment section below.