Orange-Cranberry Chicken Breasts Recipe
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil
- 2 lbs Bone-in chicken breasts, with skin
- 1 1/2 tsp Fresh sage, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp Fresh thyme leaves
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup Fresh (or frozen) cranberries
- 2 tbsp Freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tbsp Honey, preferably local
- 1/4 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp Ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp Ground nutmeg
- Place top oven rack in the center position and preheat oven to 400°F.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large, ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Season the chicken with sage, and thyme. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Place seasoned chicken in hot skillet skin-side down and cook until browned, approximately 4-5 minutes, or until it releases easily from the bottom of the pan. Turn the chicken and continue cooking another 4-5 minute on the remaining side.
- While the chicken is browning, add the cranberries, orange juice, honey, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg to a small saucepan. Place over medium heat and bring it to a gentle boil. Cook until the cranberries pop open and the sauce becomes slightly thickened around 4-5 minutes.
- Pour the orange-cranberry sauce over the browned chicken and transfer the skillet into the pre-heated oven. Roast until the chicken through and the sauce is bubbly around 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and reaches an internal temperature of 160°F.*
- Remove from oven and transfer chicken to a serving platter. Cover loosely and let rest for 5 minutes before serving topped with the warm orange-cranberry pan sauce and your choice of sides. Enjoy!
Did you like “Orange-Cranberry Chicken Breasts Recipe”? We would greatly appreciate if you share this on your favorite social media channel.
Did you try this recipe? Share photos of your finish dish or your own version of it in the comment section below.