This gorgeous, delicious cranberry-pear sauce is sure to be a hit on any holiday season! It is super quick and easy to make and does not include any refined sugar. Instead, it gets its sweetness naturally from ripe pears and a touch of real maple syrup.
Once you try this recipe, you’ll never look at store-bought cranberry sauce the same.
Cranberry-Pear Sauce with Rosemary and Ginger
- 12 oz Fresh cranberries
- 2 medium Ripe pears, peeled and diced
- 2 tsp Fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 tsp Fresh rosemary leaves, finely diced
- 3 tsp Real maple syrup
- 3/4 cup Water
- Sea salt, to taste
- Add cranberries, pear, ginger, rosemary leaves, maple syrup, and water to a medium saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until the mixture starts to boil and the cranberries burst open approximately 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for another 5-10 minutes. While cooking, mash the cranberries and pears with a wooden spoon. Season with a pinch of sea salt and stir to combine.
- Remove from heat and allow sauce to cool for 15-20 minutes before checking the consistency. Add a little water if the sauce is too thick. Taste and add more maple syrup for a sweeter sauce, if desired.
- Optional: For a smoother sauce, blend one-half of the cranberry mixture in a food processor or blender until smooth. Stir puree back into the remaining sauce before serving.
- Serve immediately or chill before serving. Enjoy!
Did you like “Cranberry-Pear Sauce with Rosemary and Ginger Recipe”? We would greatly appreciate if you share this on Facebook and Tweet it.
Will you try this recipe? Share photos of your finish dish or your own version of it in the comment section below.