For best results, prepare the cilantro-lime sauce the night before you need it to give the flavors a chance to blend. Planning ahead will also save time on those busy nights you want to get dinner on the table as quickly as possible.
Creamy Lime-Cilantro Sauce
Homemade Fajita Seasoning:
- 3 tbsp Chili powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp Smoked paprika
- 2 tsp Onion powder
- 2 tsp Garlic powder
- 2 tsp Ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- 2 tsp Sea salt
- 1 cup Plain, full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1-2 tbsp Homemade fajita seasoning
- 1 clove Garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 2 tbsp Fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Fresh lime juice
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Prepare the fajita seasoning by combining all ingredients in a small bowl and stirring until thoroughly blended. Store any excess in an airtight container for later use.
- Prepare the cilantro-lime sauce by thoroughly combining all ingredients in a medium glass or other non-reactive bowl. Cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Did you like “Creamy Lime-Cilantro Sauce”? We would greatly appreciate if you share this on Facebook and Tweet it.
Will you try this recipe? Share photos of your finish dish or your own version of it in the comment section below.