Tip: This recipe can easily be doubled, if desired.
Easy Homemade Vanilla Fig Jam
- 1 lb Figs, stems removed, washed, and quartered
- 2 tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Honey, preferably local
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla bean extract
- In a large bowl, combine the prepped figs with the lemon juice and allow the figs to sit at room temperature for about 45 minutes.
- Transfer the figs, along with the juice, to a large pot set over medium heat. Add the honey and vanilla extract and stir to combine.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until the figs break down into a thick and slightly granular jam, around 50-55 minutes. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Serve immediately or transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Enjoy!
Did you like “Easy Homemade Vanilla Fig Jam”? We would greatly appreciate if you share this on your favorite social media channel.
Will you try this recipe? Share photos of your finish dish or your own version of it in the comment section below.