This tasty, versatile dish can be used just about anywhere you’d use traditional tomato salsa. For example, it can be used to dress up everything from eggs to enchiladas and it is fantastic when stirred into your favorite soup and chili recipes.
Try it on top of grilled chicken breasts, drizzled over sliced pork roast, or in this delicious, healthy Southwestern Chicken Soup recipe.
Garden-Fresh Salsa Verde
- 1 lb Tomatillos
- 2 Medium jalapeno peppers
- 3-4 cloves Fresh garlic, peeled
- 2 tbsp Olive oil, extra virgin
- 4 Green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup Fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup Fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp Ground cumin
- 2 tsp Dried oregano
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp Honey, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat baking mat. Set aside.
- Husk tomatillos and cut in half. Arrange tomatillos in a single layer on prepared baking sheet, along with whole jalapeno peppers and garlic cloves. Drizzle with olive oil and toss gently to coat.
- Place baking sheet in pre-heated oven for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove from oven and let cool for several minutes.
- Once cool enough to handle, cut jalapeno peppers in half and remove seeds before transferring the roasted veggies to a blender or food processor. Add green onion, cilantro, lime juice, ground cumin, and oregano. Pulse until ingredients are combined, but the mixture is still a little chunky.
- Taste and add a drizzle of honey to sweeten, if desired. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve immediately or freeze for later use. Enjoy!
Did you like “Garden-Fresh Salsa Verde Recipe”? We would greatly appreciate if you share this on Facebook and Tweet it.
Will you try this recipe? Share photos of your finish dish or your own version of it in the comment section below.