This flavorful and healthy Mediterranean-inspired dish is ready in less than twenty minutes. It features Italian gremolata – a simple green condiment made from a combination of fresh parsley, garlic, and lemon zest. This version also incorporates a nod to Moroccan cuisine with the addition of preserved lemon rind for a bit of extra flavor and visual interest.
Tip: For best results, do not close grill lid while grilling tuna steaks.
Grilled Tuna Steak with Preserved Lemon Gremolata
- 4 6-oz. sushi-grade tuna steaks, approximately 3/4” thick
- 2 tbsp Olive oil, extra virgin
- Mediterranean-spiced sea salt, to taste (see recipe notes)
- Black pepper, to taste
- 2 Large lemons, cut in half
- 1/4 cup Fresh parsley leaves, washed, dried thoroughly, and finely chopped
- 1 tsp Organic lemon zest
- 2 tsp Preserved lemon rind, rinsed and finely chopped
- 1 Large clove garlic, grated
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Clean and spray grates of a gas grill with non-stick cooking spray and set heat to high. Close lid until grill comes to temperature.
- Meanwhile, prepare the gremolata by combining the parsley, lemon zest, preserved lemon rind, and garlic a small bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and set aside.
- Brush tuna steaks with olive oil and sprinkle with Mediterranean-spiced sea salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Open grill and place tuna steaks and lemon halves over direct heat. Cook tuna for 2 minutes per side for rare. Increase time slightly for medium, but do not overcook.
- Remove tuna and grilled lemon halves from heat and serve immediately topped with some gremolata. Serve with our grilled marinated asparagus or other side dish of your choice. Enjoy!
Did you like “Grilled Tuna Steaks Recipe with Preserved Lemon Gremolata”? We would greatly appreciate if you share this on your favorite social media.
Did you try this recipe? Share photos of your finish dish or your own version of it in the comment section below.