Roasted Fall Harvest Soup
- 3 cup Butternut squash, cubed
- 3 Large firm apples, cubed
- 1 Medium red onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp Fresh ginger, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp Allspice
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil, melted
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 4-5 cup Chicken broth, preferably organic, divided
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat. Set aside.
- 2. Combine butternut squash, apples, red onion, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice, and melted coconut oil in a large bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and toss to combine.
- 3. Spread seasoned butternut squash mixture onto prepared baking sheet and spread into a single layer. Place in preheated oven and roast until squash is fork tender, approximately 25-30 minutes.
- 4. Remove from oven and let cool slightly before transferring one-quarter of the roasted veggie mixture to a high-powered blender. Add one cup of chicken broth to a container and blend until smooth. Add a little more broth, if necessary, to reach desired consistency.
- 5. Transfer puree to a large soup pot and repeat process with remaining vegetables and chicken broth. Turn heat to medium and cook, stirring frequently, until soup is heated through, approximately 5-10 minutes.
- 6. Remove from heat and adjust seasonings, as desired, before serving. Enjoy!
Did you like “Roasted Fall Harvest Soup Recipe”? We would greatly appreciate if you share this on your favorite social media channel.
Did you try this recipe? Share photos of your finish dish or your own version of it in the comment section below.