Labneh is a soft cheese made from strained yogurt. It is easy to make at home by simply adding a bit of salt and straining the excess whey with the help of a strainer and some cheesecloth or other porous fabric.
Tip: If you don’t have time to prepare the labneh for this recipe, you can substitute goat cheese or even cream cheese for a less tangy alternative.
- 2 cup Whole-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 8 Large ripe figs, cut in half lengthwise
- 3 tbsp Local honey, divided
- 1/4 cup Pistachios, chopped
- To make the labneh, combine yogurt and salt in a small bowl and stir until blended. Line a metal strainer with several layers of cheesecloth and position strainer over a large, deep bowl.
- Transfer yogurt mixture to the lined strainer and cover. Place in the refrigerator to drain for 1-2 days. (The longer the yogurt is strained, the firmer the labneh will become).
- To prepare roasted figs, preheat oven to 350°F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat® baking sheet. Arrange sliced figs on a baking sheet, cut side up, and drizzle with some honey.
- Place baking sheet in preheated oven and roast for 30-35 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for several minutes.
- Top each roasted fig with a spoonful of fresh labneh and a sprinkle of chopped pistachios. Drizzle with some local honey and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Did you like “Honey-Roasted Figs with Labneh And Pistachios”? We would greatly appreciate if you share this on your favorite social media.
Did you try this recipe? Share photos of your finish dish or your own version of it in the comment section below.