If your goal is to have a healthy skin and want to know how to get glowing skin, then you need to understand how proper and well-balanced nutrition determine the way you look and your skin condition, and the necessary nutrients you need for a healthier and beautiful skin.
Nutrition Tips for Healthy Skin
You need to consume well-balanced meals that nourish all of your body, including your skin and prevent skin damage or dryness or dullness such as;
1. Five daily servings of fruits and vegetables with bright colors, such as tomatoes, carrots, cucumbers, oranges, grapes, spinach, peppers, broccoli, banana, and kiwi.
2. Healthy oils such as olive, canola or sunflower oil. Unsalted nuts including walnuts, almonds, and seeds are also important for skin health. Oils and nuts should be used in moderation in order to avoid the oily skin.
3. Dairy products to provide Calcium and vitamin D, in which low-fat or non-fat products are preferred.
3 Benefits Of Antioxidants In Skin Care
1. Antioxidants not only helps fight many diseases but it also reduces the effect of aging on skin health and keep the body healthy with younger looking skin.
2. Antioxidants promote a healthier and more youthful appearance, particularly of your skin.
3. It helps in neutralizing the free radicals that damage the skin and contribute to premature aging of the skin and the appearance of wrinkles.
Sources Of Antioxidants
The foods that are rich in antioxidants are fruits and vegetables, unsalted nuts, green tea, seeds, and salmon.
Omega 3-fatty acid is an antioxidant that also encourages skin health. It is found in walnuts, almonds, avocado, tuna, and salmon.
The Skin Benefits Of Selenium
1. Selenium is a nutrient that helps in protecting the skin from sun damage
2. Selenium fights the appearance of wrinkles by reducing the effect of free radicals on the skin.
It is found in seafood, fruits and vegetables, dairy products (preferred to be low-fat or non-fat varieties), whole grains, and skinless poultry.
What Does Beta Carotene Do For Your Skin?
Beta carotene nourishes the skin and keeps it healthy while contributing towards skin repair. It is found in green leafy vegetables and carrots.
Benefits Of Protein For Skin Health
Protein provides the skin with the nutrients needed for making collagen, which keeps the skin healthy and supports its ability to repair itself.
Protein is found in seafood, poultry, meat, dairy products, eggs and dried legumes such as beans and lentils.
Lean protein is recommended to be consumed in foods such as low-fat or non-fat dairy products, skinless poultry, and fat-free red meat.
Benefits Of Fluids For Your Skin
Fluids keep your skin well hydrated and avoid dryness, as dehydration can negatively affect all body organs, including the skin. It also contributes to the distribution of antioxidants to the body parts and getting rid of free radicals.
Good sources of fluid includes are low-fat soup, unsweetened fruit juices, vegetable juices, and water.
Beverages that contains caffeine like coffee, tea, and cola does not contribute to hydration of the body or the skin but it depletes water from the body if you ingest excessive amount.
5 Best Vitamins For Beautiful Skin
Vitamins A, B, C, D, and E contributes to your skin health and skin repair in addition to the protection it gives from the harmful effects of the sun. These vitamins neutralize the free radicals that cause skin damage and the appearance of wrinkles.
Consuming well-balanced meals in recommended portions provides the body with all the necessary nutrients that will keep the skin healthy and support skin cell regeneration and repair.
Skin Health Benefits Of Sleep
Adequate sleep (7 to 8 hours a day) is important for the body to produce new cells and repair damage, including the skin, in addition to the other benefits of sufficient sleep for the brain and the rest of the body.
Other Tips On How To Get Glowing Skin Naturally
1. Avoid smoking either active or passive, as smoking cause damage to the skin, accelerates its aging, and reduces the skin’s nourishment by limiting blood flow.
2. Anemia causes less blood supply and delivery of nutrients to the body’s organs, including the skin. Eating foods rich in iron, folic acid, and vitamin B12 are important to avoid anemia. These include seafood, fortified cereals, lean meat, green leafy vegetables, skinless poultry, and eggs.
3. Keep your skin protected by limiting the exposure to intense sunlight by using medically approved sunscreen creams.
4. Improve blood circulation and the delivery of oxygen and nutrients to the skin by exercising regularly for at least 5 times per week for 30 to 45 minutes is recommended, especially combining aerobic and strength exercises. This also helps the body in getting rid of toxins that damage the skin and accelerate its aging processes.
5. Reduce the risk of skin infection and remove dead skin cells by maintaining skin hygiene. It also supports skin health.
6. Staying healthy and ensuring that the levels of blood sugar, blood pressure, cholesterol levels, and lipids are within the recommended ranges will keep the skin healthy, as elevations of these levels will affect the skin, reduce blood circulation and the delivery of nutrients to the skin and to all other parts of the body.
Did you like “How To Get Glowing Skin (NUTRITION TIPS FOR HEALTHY SKIN)”? We would greatly appreciate if you would share this on Facebook and Retweet it.