Leche Flan or also known as crème caramel and caramel custard is a popular Filipino dessert made up of eggs and milk with soft caramel on top. There are different ways to make a leche flan but for this recipe, it is prepared by steaming which is how most people do it.
What’s good about leche flan recipe’s is that you can adjust the ingredients the way you like your leche flan to taste by adding or reducing eggs and condensed milk.
Leche Flan Recipe
- 1 cup Granulated sugar
- 1 can Condense milk, 14 oz.
- 10 pcs Eggs, raw
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 6 pcs Llanera, or 9 inches round cake pad
- Separate the egg yolk from the egg white. Watch the video below on how to do it easily.
- Beat the egg yolk with fork or egg beater
- Add the condensed milk then the fresh (or evaporated milk). Also add the vanilla extract (alternatively you can also use vanilla essence).
- Mix thoroughly then set it aside.
- Place sugar in a llanera
- Heat the llanera with sugar in the stove top to create caramel.
- Once the caramel is created, remove llanera from stove top and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Pour the egg/milk mixture in the llanera once it’s cooled.
- Cover llanera with aluminum foil for protection during steaming
- Boil water in a steamer.
- Put llanera with the mixture in the steamer once the water is boiling and cover the steamer.
- Cook for 30 -35 minutes.
- Remove the llanera from the steamer and let it cool.
- Transfer the cooled leche plan in a plate and served.
Leche Flan Recipe Tagalog Video
Did you like “How To Make Leche Flan Recipe (TAGALOG VIDEO)”? We would greatly appreciate if you share this on your favorite social media.
Will you try this recipe? Share photos of your finish dish or your own version of it in the comment section below.