Note: Here is the recipe link for the Easy Homemade Vanilla Fig Jam mentioned below. Store-bought jam may be substituted, as well, if refined sugar is acceptable.
Fig Olive Oil Lemon Cake
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 2 Large eggs
- 1/4 cup Honey, preferably local
- 3 tbsp Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp Organic lemon zest
- 2 tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cup Almond flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/3 cup Chopped figs
For serving, combine:
- 1/2 cup Mascarpone cheese
- 2 tbsp Honey, preferably local
*Easy Homemade Vanilla Fig Jam
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray 4 cups in a jumbo muffin tin with some non-stick spray. Set aside. Note: You can also use a smaller muffin tin to make 6-8 cakes if preferred. For smaller cakes, check for doneness after 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, honey, olive oil, lemon zest, and lemon juice until combined. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Slowly fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Continue stirring until the batter is smooth and lump-free.
- Stir chopped figs into the batter until thoroughly incorporated. Divide batter between the 4 jumbo muffin cups and place the pre-heated oven to bake until the cakes are golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, approximately 18-22 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool for 5-10 minutes before removing from muffin tin. Serve immediately with some honey-sweetened mascarpone cheese and homemade vanilla fig jam, if desired. Enjoy!
Did you like “Fig Olive Oil Lemon Cake Recipe”? We would greatly appreciate if you share this on your favorite social media channel.
Will you try this recipe? Share photos of your finish dish or your own version of it in the comment section below.