This grilled marinated asparagus is a quick and easy side dish enhanced by the addition of a simple, yet tasty, Italian gremolata. Traditionally, gremolata consists of just three ingredients – fresh parsley, garlic, and lemon zest – and is used to top meat, poultry, and seafood. Here, a bit of preserved lemon rind is added for an additional pop of flavor.
Tip: For easier turning (and to prevent asparagus from falling through the grill grates), thread two pre-soaked wooden skewers through several spears lined up side by side to hold them together.
Grilled Marinated Asparagus with Gremolata
- 1 lb Fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tbsp Olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp Mediterranean-spiced sea salt (see recipe notes)
- Black pepper, to taste
- 2 whole Lemons, cut in half
- Shaved Parmesan cheese, to serve (optional)
- 1/4 cup Fresh parsley leaves, washed, dried thoroughly, and finely chopped
- 1 tsp Organic lemon zest
- 2 tsp Preserved lemon rind, rinsed and finely chopped
- 1 Large clove garlic, grated
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Place asparagus in a wide, shallow bowl and drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Season with Mediterranean-spiced sea salt and black pepper, to taste. Gently toss to combine and set aside for 15-20 minutes to marinade.
- Prepare the gremolata by combining all ingredients is a small bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and set aside.
- Spray grill grates with non-stick cooking spray and preheat grill to medium-high. Place asparagus and lemon halves over direct heat and grill for 3-4 minutes per side, or until they are crisp tender.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a serving dish. Top with gremolata and serve immediately with grilled lemons for squeezing and shaved Parmesan cheese, if desired. Enjoy!
Did you like “Grilled Marinated Asparagus Recipe with Gremolata”? We would greatly appreciate if you share this on your favorite social media.
Did you try this recipe? Share photos of your finish dish or your own version of it in the comment section below.