These rich and creamy mashed sweet potatoes are the perfect side dish for just about any holiday meal. However, they’re so quick and easy to make, you’ll want to enjoy them throughout the year.
What’s more, sweet potatoes are as nutritious as they are delicious. They contain fewer calories and are higher in fiber, Vitamin A, and Vitamin C than their white counterparts.*
Time-Saving Tip: The smaller the sweet potatoes are cut before boiling, the faster they will cook.
Creamy Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Fresh Thyme
- 4 large Sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 tbsp Unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 oz Cream cheese, softened
- 2-3 tbsp Half and half
- 2 tbsp Fresh thyme leaves, minced
- 2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ground all-spice
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Whipped cream cheese**
- Walnuts halves, toasted
- Place the sweet potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water. Bring the water to a boil and cook until the potatoes are fork tender, approximately 15-20 minutes. Once the potatoes are cooked, drain thoroughly and return to the pot.
- Add butter, cream cheese, and half & half to the sweet potatoes and mash with an immersion blender or a hand-held mixer. For a thinner consistency, add more half & half, if desired.
- Once the potatoes are creamy, stir in thyme leaves, cinnamon, and allspice until well blended. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve immediately topped with a spoonful of whipped cream cheese and/or toasted walnuts, if desired. Enjoy!
Did you like “Creamy Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Fresh Thyme Recipe”? We would greatly appreciate if you share this on Facebook and Tweet it.
Will you try this recipe? Share photos of your finish dish or your own version of it in the comment section below.