Ground beef can be a bit dry and flavorless on its own. For this recipe, a small amount of finely chopped onion is added to remedy this. As a result, some excess moisture will rise to the top of these meatloaf muffins as they bake.
This is normal and easily remedied by carefully draining off the excess moisture before adding the cheese as described in Step 4 below.
Keto Meatloaf Muffins Recipe
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 2 tbsp Olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 1/2 lbs Ground beef (80%)
- 1/4 cup Yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 Large celery stalk, finely chopped
- 3 Large eggs
- 2 tbsp Coconut flour*
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tbsp Tomato paste
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp Fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Smoked paprika
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup Colby Jack cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375°F and spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly combine all ingredients together with your hands, except for the shredded cheese.
- Divide beef mixture into 12 equal-sized portions and place into the prepared muffin tin openings. Place in pre-heated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the meat is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and carefully drain excess moisture off the top of each muffin by gently tipping the tray over your sink. Wipe excess liquid off the top of the muffin tin and top each muffin with the shredded cheese.
- Return to oven for 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and starts to turn golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for several minutes before removing muffins from tin. Serve immediately or freeze for later use. Enjoy!
Carbs/Serving (2 Muffins):
Total Carbs: 3.26g
Net Carbs: 2.16g
Did you like “Keto Meatloaf Muffins Recipe”? We would greatly appreciate if you share this on your favorite social media channel.
Did you try this recipe? Share photos of your finish dish or your own version of it in the comment section below.