Lebanese Mujadara Recipe, a popular dish throughout the Arab world is generally made using brown or green lentils and rice, that can be seasoned with cumin, coriander, or mint.
What To Serve With Mujadara?
It is topped with fried onions and is generally served with yogurt, among other vegetables and side dishes, either hot or cold.
It is a delicious, nutritious and healthy dish that rich in fiber, vitamins, and minerals. It can be served as a main or a side dish.
- 1 1/2 cups Rice, uncooked
- 1 cup Lentils, dried
- 1 pc Onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp Parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp Canola oil
- 4 cups Water
- In a sauce pan, sauté the onion in canola oil until browned.
- Add the rice and mix well.
- Boil the lentils separately until tender.
- Add the cooked lentils and water to the rice. Cook until the rice become tender. Garnish it with sautéed onions and chopped parsley.
- Serve with salad and low-fat or nonfat yogurt or laban to make it more balanced and nutritious.
Did you like “Lebanese Mujadara Recipe (HOW TO MAKE LENTILS AND RICE)”? We would greatly appreciate if you share this on Facebook and Tweet it.
Did you try this recipe? Share photos of your finish dish or your own version of it in the comment section below.