Nutritional Information: **
Total Carbs: 7.29g
Net Carbs: 5.29g
**Source: HappyForks.com recipe analyzer.
Nutritional information provided for entertainment purposes only and is not to be construed as medical advice.
Creamy Turkey Mushroom Soup Recipe
- 2 tbsp Olive oil, extra virgin
- 1/2 cup Red onion, diced small
- 1 Large stalks celery, diced small
- 1 cup White mushrooms, chopped
- 1 lb Ground turkey (85% lean)
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 6 cup Chicken broth, preferably organic
- 1/2 cup Heavy cream, tempered*
- 1 12-oz. bag frozen riced cauliflower
- 2 cup Italian blend cheese, shredded, divided
- 3 tbsp Fresh parsley, finely chopped
*To prevent curdling, add a small of hot liquid from skillet to heavy cream before adding it to the soup.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and celery and sauté, stirring frequently, until the veggies are soft, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, ground turkey, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, and onion powder to the skillet. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring frequently until the turkey is no longer pink and the mushrooms start to release their juices, approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and add chicken stock. Simmer for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Add a spoonful of the hot liquid to the heavy cream to temper it before adding it to the skillet, as well. Stir to combine and simmer for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add frozen cauliflower rice and 1½ cups of the shredded cheese to skillet and stir to combine. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until cauliflower is heated through and cheese is completely melted. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired.
- Remove from heat and transfer to individual soup bowls. To serve, top each with remaining cheese and fresh parsley if desired. Enjoy!
Did you like “Creamy Turkey Mushroom Soup Recipe”? We would greatly appreciate if you share this on your favorite social media channel.
Did you try this recipe? Share photos of your finish dish or your own version of it in the comment section below.