Preparing this delicious side dish a day or two in advance before eating it will make it taste even better because of the chance the flavors of each ingredient has, to mingle.
This is best served chilled to keep your cool during a hot day.
Orzo Pasta Salad Recipe with Tomatoes and Capers
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 3 cloves Garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 1 Large or 2 medium tomatoes, washed and chopped, seeds and excess liquid discarded
- 1 1/2 cup Dried orzo, cooked according to package directions and cooled
- 2 tbsp Capers
- 1 tbsp Caper liquid
- 1 tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Fresh thyme, stems removed and chopped
- 1 tbsp Fresh parsley, stems removed and chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Add olive oil and minced garlic to a cold skillet and turn heat to medium high. Sauté for 2 minutes, then add tomatoes and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes (until tomatoes become soft). Remove from heat and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the cooked orzo, capers and liquid, lemon juice, thyme and parsley with the tomato and garlic mixture. Toss until thoroughly combined. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour or overnight. Stir and serve chilled with grilled chicken breasts or your favorite main dish.
Did you like “Orzo Pasta Salad Recipe with Tomatoes and Capers”? We would greatly appreciate if you share this on your favorite social media.
Will you try this recipe? Share photos of your finish dish or your own version of it in the comment section below.