These quick-pickled jalapeno peppers and onions are delicious on top of your favorite Mexican or Tex Mex dishes. They can also be enjoyed on their own, or in wraps, salads, or anywhere you want a little extra spice. For a nice twist, try the pickling liquid in place of plain vinegar in homemade vinaigrettes and marinades.
Safety Tip: Wear gloves when handling jalapeno peppers to prevent burning.
Paleo Pickled Jalapenos Peppers Recipe & Red Onion
- 3/4 cup White vinegar
- 3/4 cup Water
- 2 tbsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp Honey, preferably local
- 3-4 cloves Fresh garlic, minced
- 1 medium Red onion, sliced thin
- 5-6 Jalapeno peppers, sliced into rounds, seeds removed
- Combine vinegar, water, salt, honey, and minced garlic in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk to combine and heat until honey is thoroughly dissolved. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place the sliced onion and peppers in a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid. Pour pickling solution over the contents of the jar to cover completely.
- Let sit, uncovered, for at least one hour at room temperature. Enjoy immediately on top of Paleo Beef Chili (See Recipe Notes for Recipe) or Tex Mex Chicken Tenders (See Recipe Notes for Recipe), or cover and store in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Did you like “Paleo Pickled Jalapenos Peppers Recipe & Red Onion”? We would greatly appreciate if you share this on Facebook and Tweet it.
Will you try this recipe? Share photos of your finish dish or your own version of it in the comment section below.