These rustic pork chops are packed with tons of flavor, and they are so quick and easy to prepare. This recipe is sure to become a new go-to family favorite!
For best results, allow your pork chops and dairy ingredients to set at room temperature for 30 minutes or so before you begin cooking. Cooking meat right out of the refrigerator will take longer and your results will not be as consistent. Adding chilled dairy products to hot sauces can cause them to curdle.
* Actual cooking time will depend on how thick your chops are and their internal temperature when you start cooking them.
Bone-In Pork Chops with Mushroom Gravy
- 2 tbsp Olive oil, extra virgin
- 4 Bone-in pork chops, approximately 1/2” thick, room temperature
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 oz White mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 2 tbsp Yellow onion, finely minced
- 2 cloves Garlic, peeled and minced
- 3/4 cup Chicken broth, preferably organic
- 1/4 cup Half and half, room temperature
- 1/4 cup Non-flavored, full-fat Greek yogurt, room temperature
- 3 tbsp Fresh parsley, stems removed and leaves finely chopped, divided
- 1 tsp Ground arrowroot (to thicken sauce), Optional
- Heat olive oil in a large, heavy-duty skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season pork chops on each side with salt and pepper to taste and add to the hot skillet. Brown pork chops on each side, approximately 3-4 minutes per side.
- Remove pork chops from pan and set aside. Reduce heat to medium and add sliced mushrooms to pan. Cook until mushrooms release their juices, approximately 6-7 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Add onion and garlic to pan and cook for 1-2 minutes more, stirring once or twice.
- Deglaze the pan by adding the chicken broth and scraping up the brown bits on the bottom. Add the pork chops back to the skillet and reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for approximately 8-10 minutes or until chops are cooked through.
- Transfer chops to a serving plate and cover to keep warm. While the chops rest, stir in the half and half, Greek yogurt, and 2 tablespoons fresh parsley until blended into the pan sauce. Continue cooking until heated through, about 1-2 minutes. Season with additional salt and pepper, to taste, and remove from heat.
- To serve, spoon mushroom sauce over the pork chops and sprinkle with additional parsley. Serve immediately.
Did you like “Bone-In Pork Chops with Mushroom Gravy”? We would greatly appreciate if you share this on your favorite social media.
Will you try this recipe? Share photos of your finish dish or your own version of it in the comment section below.