Pork Embutido is a type of Filipino meatloaf made with ground pork, vegetables, cheese, raisins, and seasonings.
Pork Embutido Recipe
- 3 lbs Ground pork
- 1 large Yellow onion, minced
- 1 large Red bell pepper, minced
- 1 large Carrot, minced
- 3/4 to 1 cup Sweet pickle relish
- 2 to 4 oz Raisins
- 1 1/2 cups Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 Eggs
- 1/4 tsp Ground black pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 cups Breadcrumbs
- 4 to 5 cups Water (for steaming)
- Mix ground pork, onion, and red bell pepper in a bowl.
- Add carrot, sweet pickle relish, raisins, and cheese.
- Then add black pepper, salt, and egg.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Add breadcrumbs and continue mixing until well blended
- Place the mixture in an aluminum foil, mold then roll the foil to create a cylindrical shape.
- Close securely one end of the aluminum foil, then the other end while pushing the mixture to compress the mixture.
- Repeat step 7 with the remaining mixture.
- Place embutido in a steamer, and cook for 1 hour. After cooking, let it cool down to room temperature by removing from the steamer.
- Embutido can be served immediately, refrigerated or fry.
Did you like “Pork Embutido Recipe”? We would greatly appreciate if you share this on your favorite social media.
Will you try this recipe? Share photos of your finish dish or your own version of it in the comment section below.