This delicious low-carb pulled pork recipe takes only 10 minutes to put together. After that, you’re free to do something else while your slow cooker transforms it into a nearly effortless melt-in-your-mouth dish your family will love.
For even tastier results, allow pork to sit in its yummy juices once you’ve pulled it apart. This will allow it to absorb even more of that great flavor!
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Lettuce Wraps
- 2 lbs Pork shoulder
- 2 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 2 tsp Dried rosemary
- 2 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp Ground fennel seeds
- 2 tsp Cocoa powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup Organic sugar-free chicken broth
- 8 Iiceberg or butter lettuce leaves
- Combine all spices and the cocoa in a small bowl and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Rub the spice mix all over the pork shoulder and transfer to a 5 or 6-quart slow cooker crock. Add the chicken broth to the crock and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6.
- Once the cooking time is complete, use two forks to pull the pork apart while it is still in the slow cooker crock. Allow the pulled pork to remain in the juices with the slow cooker set to “warm” for 20-30 minutes to absorb more flavor.
- To serve, fill each lettuce leaf with some crunchy broccoli slaw (Link below) and top with some pulled pork. Enjoy!
Fiber: 1.6 g
Net Carbs: 2.3 g
Did you like “Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Lettuce Wraps Recipe”? We would greatly appreciate if you share this on Facebook and Tweet it.
Will you try this recipe? Share photos of your finish dish or your own version of it in the comment section below.