This satisfying side dish goes beyond basic, boring Brussels sprouts with its rich oven-roasted flavor enhanced with just a hint of sweetness.
The combination of sweet and savory elements in this dish makes it a perfect complement for a wide variety of main dishes, ranging from maple-grilled salmon to these yummy Maple Balsamic Pork Chops.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Glaze
- 2 tbsp Olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 lb Small Brussels sprouts, rinsed and cut in half
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp Real maple syrup
- Place oven rack in center position and preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat olive oil in a large cast iron or other oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add Brussels sprouts to skillet and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook for several minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sprouts begin to turn brown.
- Once browned, transfer the skillet into the preheated oven and roast for 15-20 minutes, stirring halfway through. Remove sprouts from oven once they are tender and start to turn a rich brown color.
- While the sprouts are roasting, add balsamic vinegar and maple syrup to a small skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, then reduce heat to medium. Continue stirring until the vinegar mixture reduces to about 1/3 of its original volume and becomes thick and syrupy. (Do not overcook or it will become too hard and sticky).
- To serve, transfer Brussels sprouts to a plate and drizzle lightly with balsamic glaze. Season with salt and pepper, if desired, and enjoy immediately with Maple Balsamic Boneless Pork Chops or other entrée of your choice.
Did you like “Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Glaze Recipe”? We would greatly appreciate if you share this on Facebook and Tweet it.
Will you try this recipe? Share photos of your finish dish or your own version of it in the comment section below.