This delicious sausage soup doesn’t need to simmer for hours to develop great flavor. Thanks to a satisfying combination of spicy Poblano pepper, classic herbs, and an interesting blend of spices, this soup delivers lots of fantastic flavor in just over half an hour.
This soup is great as a hearty appetizer or as a satisfying light meal when paired with a green salad. As an added bonus, it tastes even better as leftovers for lunch the next day!
Sausage Soup with Peppers and Spinach
- 2 tbsp Olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 lb Pork sausage
- 1 medium Red pepper, diced
- 1/2 medium Poblano pepper, diced
- 3 Celery stalks, diced
- 1 tsp Dried basil
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- 1 tsp Dried rosemary
- 1 1/2 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 6 cup Organic sugar-free chicken stock
- 2 cup Baby spinach
- 1 cup Cheddar Jack cheese, shredded
- Heat olive oil in a large soup pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sausage is no longer pink inside, approximately 5 minutes. As the sausage cooks, break it into small pieces with a wooden spoon.
- Add the red and Poblano pepper, celery, basil, oregano, rosemary, chili powder, cumin, and cinnamon to the pot. Generously season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the veggies have softened, around 5-6 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the spinach and cook for another 4-5 minutes, or just until the spinach wilts.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately, topped with shredded Cheddar Jack cheese and some additional diced Poblano pepper, if desired. Enjoy!
Fiber: 1.3 g.
Net carbs: 2.6 g *Source: VeryWell.com Recipe Analyzer
Did you like “Sausage Soup with Peppers and Spinach Recipe”? We would greatly appreciate if you share this on Facebook and Tweet it.
Will you try this recipe? Share photos of your finish dish or your own version of it in the comment section below.