This delicious, healthy slow cooker recipe is as easy as it is versatile. This flavor-packed chicken is perfect for burrito bowls, lettuce wraps, or over a bed of flavorful cilantro-lime rice.
Tip: Don’t skip the squeeze of fresh lime juice after cooking. It really brightens the flavors and pulls them all together.
Slow Cooker Mexican Shredded Chicken Recipes
- 2 lbs Boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 10-oz. cans Rotel fire-roasted diced tomatoes & green chilies, undrained
- 2 15-oz. cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3-4 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Small jalapeno pepper, finely diced
- 1 1/2 tbsp hickory-flavored liquid smoke
- 2 tsp Ground cumin
- 1 tbsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Smoked paprika
- 2 tsp Dried oregano
- 1 tsp Cayenne pepper
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 Limes, quartered
- 1/4 cup Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Unroll and add chicken thighs to bottom of a 5 or 6-quart slow cooker crock. Top with tomatoes, black beans, garlic, jalapeno pepper, liquid smoke, cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika, oregano, and cayenne pepper. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Stir to combine, making sure the chicken thighs are coated and submerged in the liquid.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours. 30 minutes before done cooking, remove lid and shred chicken while in the slow cooker with two forks. Stir to combine shredded chicken with other ingredients. Cover and cook for remaining 30 minutes to allow chicken to absorb the flavors.
- Remove lid and squeeze fresh lime juice into the crock. Add cilantro and stir to combine. Season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired.
Did you like “Slow Cooker Mexican Shredded Chicken Recipes”? We would greatly appreciate if you share this on Facebook and Tweet it.
Will you try this recipe? Share photos of your finish dish or your own version of it in the comment section below.