This delicious pineapple-stuffed avocado is perfect for a healthy lunch entrée or a light dinner – especially on those warm summer days when you don’t want to spend much time in the kitchen!
Pineapple-Shrimp Stuffed Avocado Recipe
- 2 tbsp Olive oil, extra virgin
- 8 oz Jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tsp Ground cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup Fresh lemon juice, divided
- 2 Large avocados
- 1 cup Fresh pineapple, diced
- 1 tbsp Fresh pineapple juice
- 1 Small red onion, diced
- 3 tbsp Fresh cilantro, stems removed and chopped
- Heat olive oil in a medium-sized skillet over medium heat. Pat the shrimp dry with paper towels and add to the hot skillet. Add ground cumin and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cook shrimp for approximately 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove pan from heat and add 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice. Stir to combine and transfer to a small bowl. Cover and place in the refrigerator to chill.
- Cut avocados in half lengthwise. Remove seed and score the flesh in evenly spaced rows lengthwise and crosswise to create equal-sized chunks. Scoop avocado out of the shell and toss with remaining 2 tablespoons of lemon juice to prevent browning. Reserve avocado shells and set aside.
- Add avocado, pineapple, pineapple juice, onion, and cilantro to a large non-reactive bowl and stir gently to combine.
- Remove chilled shrimp from the refrigerator and chop into equal-size chunks. Fold shrimp into the avocado-pineapple mixture. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spoon shrimp mixture into reserved avocado shells and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Did you like “Pineapple-Shrimp Stuffed Avocado Recipe”? We would greatly appreciate if you share this on your favorite social media.
Will you try this recipe? Share photos of your finish dish or your own version of it in the comment section below.