Here is a delicious steak recipe that doesn’t require a lot of fuss. Just a few simple ingredients and less than 30 minutes are all it takes to whip up a flavor-packed main course your entire family will love!
Note: The actual cooking time for this recipe will vary depending on the thickness of the meat, the starting internal temperature, and the desired level of doneness.
Herb Mustard Sirloin Steak Recipe
- 2 tbsp Olive oil, extra virgin
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 1/2 lbs Sirloin steak
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard with the Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Generously coat the steak with the herbed mustard on all sides. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Swirl hot skillet to evenly distribute olive oil. Add steak and sear on all sides, including edges, approximately 1-2 minutes per side.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook on one side for approximately 5-7 minutes. Turn steak and cook for another 3-5 minutes, or until steak reaches the desired level of doneness.Tip: Use an instant read thermometer to determine when the internal temperature is 5°F below the desired result.* (The temperature will continue to rise while the meat rests).
- Remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes. To serve, slice the steak against the grain and serve with your choice of side dishes. Enjoy!
Did you like “Herb Mustard Sirloin Steak Recipe”? We would greatly appreciate if you share this on your favorite social media channel.
Did you try this recipe? Share photos of your finish dish or your own version of it in the comment section below.