This tasty beef broccoli recipe can be pulled together quickly for a fast and easy weeknight meal. To avoid mushy vegetables, don’t add them until 15 to 20 minutes before this dish cooked.
The frozen broccoli doesn’t need to be defrosted prior to cooking, so feel free to add them directly from the bag into your slow cooker. Actual cooking times will vary by individual unit, so be sure to watch closely the first time you prepare this recipe to achieve desired results.
Easy Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli Recipe
- 1 1/2 lbs Beef stew meat, cut into chunks
- 1 1/2 cup Beef stock
- 3-4 Cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 cup Gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Toasted sesame oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp Arrowroot
- 1 14-oz. bag frozen broccoli florets
- 1 Red bell pepper, cut in short, thin strips
- 3 cup Brown rice, cooked
- 1 tbsp Toasted sesame seeds (optional)
Tip: Adding the vegetables 15-20 minutes before done cooking will yield crisp-tender results. Cook longer for softer veggies.
- Add beef stew chunks to 5 or 6-quart slow cooker crock.
- In a medium glass or other non-reactive bowl, whisk beef stock, garlic, soy sauce, honey, and sesame oil to combine. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Pour mixture on top of beef. Cover and cook for 3-4 hours on high or 6-7 hours on low.
- To create a thicker sauce, create a slurry by combing 2 tablespoons of arrowroot with ¼ cup of liquid from the slow cooker. Set aside.
- 15-20 minutes before done cooking, remove lid and stir in the arrowroot slurry, then the frozen broccoli and red bell pepper. Cover and finish cooking.
- Serve immediately with cooked brown rice and a drizzle of sauce from the slow cooker. Garnish with some toasted sesame seeds before serving, if desired.
Did you like “Easy Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli Recipe”? We would greatly appreciate if you share this on Facebook and Tweet it.
Will you try this recipe? Share photos of your finish dish or your own version of it in the comment section below.